Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 2:58 PM
Graphic Card Help?
I just installed the Sims 3 Deluxe onto my laptop, and everything installed right, all patches worked and nothing horrible happened to my laptop. But when I click on the game launcher, I get this heart crushing warning:

"device 0 cannot find supported video hardware"

CPU: Intel Atom CPU N450
RAM: 1014MB RAM
MANUFACTURER/MODEL: Acer Aspire One Laptop
Graphics Card: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150

Does anyone know if you can change out the graphic card for a Acer Aspire One laptop? Or should I just cut my losses and sell TS3? I have asked around, (read: Google) and I just hear a "abandon all hope message". I am hope that you MTSimmers can help me.

Thanks,
~123blissb
(Note: I'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot, this seemed like the only place to post)

"The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive."
-Robert Heinlein
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 3:14 PM
Sims 3 is not meant to be played on a netbook - it does not meet the hardware specs.
You're gonna harm that little wee one by forcing the issue - Game Help:Your Computer is Like a Carwiki.

And yeah, Sims 3 Help is in another forum subsection. But since this will close soon enough, as there's nothing to be done to even help that netbook pretend to be a laptop/desktop, I'll just let it slide...this time.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 3:26 PM
Sorry @ellacharm *sheepish grin* I guess I need to find a new computer?

-Robert Heinlein
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 4:36 PM
Just as well I haven't lock it, huh?

No old desktop to upgrade?

Then do read the SysReq in my siggy, the suggestions in stickies to kick off your research, and the threads here to see what others were asking and what they end up purchasing.

If you have some links you want opinions of their suitability on, then supply the following info as well:
- budget
- intended use: ie light (surfing, gaming 1hr/day) or intensive (video encoding/transcoding, gaming > 6hrs/day); is Sims 3 your most-resource-hungry game or do you play others like Crysis 2, etc?
- country of purchase
- what you need: OS, monitor, wired/wireless connection, the whole works? Or just bits and recycling from another PC? Then we need the specs of the old PC. Game Help:System Specswiki
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jul 2011 at 4:50 PM
Ok, thanks for your help! I will try that!

-Robert Heinlein