Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 7:45 PM Last edited by Rope : 13th Jun 2011 at 9:49 PM.
SOLVED: V-sync / FPS cap / video card overheating problem
Hi everybody, I recently started playing TS3 and soon found out about this problem for which the FPS in the game are not capped, there's no v-sync option and the in-game setting for the refresh rate does nothing.
Yes, I did try to find a solution by googling the problem, reading various forums and the Sims Wiki. Some suggested to force the v-sync through nvidia control panel, I did so, but had no effect in the game. Others said that the solution was to download nHancer, but that program hasn't been working with the latest drivers in ages now. With FRAPS I have been able to see my FPS and the maximum I witnessed was 1472. My laptop is very high-end, and it can well handle everything at the maximum detail, but it still gets pretty hot with TS3.
So since I don't want anything to melt down, what can I do?

I know this has been many people's problem so I'm sure there is a solution I wasn't able to find.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 9:49 PM