Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 1:37 AM
Package folder is inaccessible!
I wanted to download CAW and I followed the instructions on here when it said to temporarily remove my Mod folder and place them on my desktop.
Well, I deleted CAW and I went to put my Mod folder back and I couldnt.
There is a Mod folder with nothing in it and I tried to delete it to put the other folder back but a message pops up saying "Cannot Delete Packages: Access Is Denied". I tried to paste the files back but it wouldnt let me do that either. I cant modify or delete the folder and so my mods wont show up in my game.

HELP!!
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 3:48 AM
Did you move the "Mods" folder or the "Packages" folder out?

What happens if you do not try to delete but just overwrite?
Is some other program (like S3PE or CTU or Launcher) or the game running? Sounds like the package files are in use or might have the attributes set to "Read-only".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 5:09 AM
i saw someone on a different forum had a similar problem, so i just downloaded the helper monkey and it let me delete the old Mod folder and access my files. i was soo scared i wouldnt be able to use them!

but yeah i couldnt overwrite the files and no other program was running, i didnt know what was wrong.

thank you though!