Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 3:49 PM
Default I need to upgrade my graphics card..but which one?
Right then, to skip all the backstory: my computer sucks, and i have an oooold GeForce 6200. now to carry on playing the sims, i need to upgrade the card...but my Mobo is very old, and it would cost a bomb to replace all the other parts with it, so i need some help with deciding on a new card.

Now, my Mobo has the following slots:

- AGP 8X/4X 1.5V
- PCI 2 slots, PCI 2.2
- AMR 1

Which is a problem, as they are all very old (damn mobo).

Which cards would you fine people suggest i replace my 6200 with ( i would like it to be able to run the rest of the EP's...i have as far as BV so far.

Also, im english, so please try to avoid suggesting i go to American shops, as that would be slightly hard to get too.

thanks for any help you can give.
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 2:20 AM
A computer that old is most likely not worth upgrading. AGP cards are expensive and provide much weaker performance to comparably priced PCI-E cards. Plus you will likely have to upgrade the power supply, if even possible, and there may be other weaknesses to with a computer of that age and gpu strength.

If you want to know for sure you need to be a lot more detailed with the specs: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Recommendations