Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 9:31 AM
Default Firefox or Opera?
Well, I'm now using Firefox 2. But ever since the "myths" on FF, I've been thinking of switching to Opera instead (I really don't wanna go back to IE.) So should I make the change?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 12:19 PM
firefox is the best... and it's a lot more used then opera
Theorist
#3 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 12:30 PM
What myth?
Alchemist
#4 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
What myth?

You beat me to it
Forum Resident
#5 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
What myth?

Yeah What myth exactly?
Instructor
#6 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 1:26 PM
Field Researcher
#7 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 3:30 PM
Yes, these are so true. I bow down to my internet browser. Firefox is a religion and we all know it!1 The thing is, these myths were written so more people stopped using it, and kept using I.E., even though its total BS. Who the hell cares about how Firefox is capitalized? FireFox, Firefox, FF, its all the same. All these myths pissed me off, to say the least. Don't use Opera, it really does suck. THE WII USES OPERA. That's how bad it is. (It might be the only bad thing about the Wii) Firefox, FireFox, and FF are all better than Opera.
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 3:31 PM
Well I'm confused haha. But Firefox is for sure the best internet browser, especially now that the 3rd edition of Mozilla Firefox has been released.

Also for anyone who complains that Firefox has bugs and spyware risks, of course no system can be 100% fullproof. Firefox just claims to be safer. So anyone attacking it for that is just ignorant.
Instructor
#9 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 12:09 AM
Use firefox 3. It rocks. Mind you. I've used IE, Firefox, Opera and Safari.
#10 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 12:43 AM
LOL I use Internet Explorer. It does what it's supposed to do: allows me to go on the internet with easy to use buttons and do-dads and all that. :D
Forum Resident
#11 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 12:53 AM
I like my furryfox much better than IE but its mainly an ascetics thing to me... Firefox is a lot prettier and much easier to navigate in my opinion. I have used Opera, and it does suck as most people here have said, its slow, it fubars pages and the like. I would definitely recommend Firefox. On that note, I downloaded FF3 and HATED it, so I would suggest trying both 2 and 3 before you decide on one.

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Field Researcher
#12 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 1:21 AM
Funny thing for me with Opera... when I try to use it on a Windows system it mucks up no end, but when I've used it on a Mac it was fine (Software had managed to muck up all the browsers that were already in place and the only thing I could get to install was Opera... of course, Software was always trying to fubar Math).

On my home machine (XP) I use Firefox primarily (I'm contemplating checking out 3 'cause my roommate loves it), and I have Netscape installed for Composer (I like it) and Safari just 'cause I'm so used to using it at work (don't actually use it much). IE only gets used if I'm forcing Windows update stuff or for sites like SunAir.

"Segregate the sinful sexes..." "Wait, how many sexes are there?" "Two." "It's not enough I say, go out and order some more."
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 1:24 AM
I use Firefox for videos since IE is being stupid :P

IE won't let me play Youtube Videos and i installed Flash Player -_-

This happened eversince i switched hardware and from XP to Vista :/

So yeah overall, I use IE most of the time and Firefox as a secondary Browser.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 5:33 AM
I use Netscape Navigator 9.....
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080219 Firefox/2.0.0.12 Navigator/9.0.0.6

ılı.------Volume------.ılı.
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █
Min- - - - - - - - - - -●Max
► Play ▌▌ Pause ■ Stop
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 5:59 AM
IMO, Firefox > Opera.

Firefox-ko is much cuter than Opera-tan!

Actually, I think Firefox is just much more visually appealing than Opera. =P Like others have said, Opera is also just...not that great. =/

It's not like Firefox is god or anything (most browsers are going to have their good points and failures), but it's definitely better than Opera.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 4:14 PM
I love Firefox, I have for awhile. That said, I'm moving more and more to opera. Why?

For some time now. FF has been unable to properly display images from too many sites. (I think it's because I still use Win2K.) Opera never has that problem.

If a page has an embedded sound or video file, FF opens either a separate window or external player for it. Opera displays it in the original page. (When you're looking at tens or hundreds of little vid boxes of stroke order diagrams for kanji or demo sound files for kana, this is a blessing. Otherwise you wait, click 'back', wait, etc.)

I love NoScript, but the lack of images and in-line vid/ sound is getting to me. I may have to leave FF for Opera!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 1:14 PM
I like Firefox better than anything else.

I use Safari on the macs at school, but it doesn't seem to behave the same in windows, so I just stick to my firefox. I disabled IE from my desktop so that people don't accidently use it when opening the internet on my computer.
#18 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 2:50 PM
I'm a big Opera fan... It just works faster, the speed dial is uber awesome, though i really don't know if Firefox features that, and it looks neat. It's much less complicated, most of the stuff i need is already there by default so i don't have to trickle with extensions.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 6:34 AM
Firefox...

ılı.------Volume------.ılı.
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █
Min- - - - - - - - - - -●Max
► Play ▌▌ Pause ■ Stop
#20 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 7:06 AM
I've tried IE, Opera, Safari, and Firefox, and Firefox is my favorite. If you like FF, why change?
Scholar
#21 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 8:46 AM
I use Opera and Firefox equally. Firefox, with IETab, I usually use for surfing forums because of the spellcheck and wasting time on YouTube (because of the DownloadHelper extension).

But I use Opera for almost everything else, including most of my research (because it handles pdf files better than Firefox) and especially for trying to get to 'less safe' parts of the internet (because I figure it will be less vulnerable because of its low popularity). Opera is also useful because pressing ctrl+alt+shift+h will hide the window, so it doesn't even show up on your taskbar (good for hiding what you are looking at).

I'm fairly sure Opera also can get a spellcheck, but I like my current set-up. I need more than one browser type.

Quote: Originally posted by Hinoemasim
If a page has an embedded sound or video file, FF opens either a separate window or external player for it. Opera displays it in the original page. (When you're looking at tens or hundreds of little vid boxes of stroke order diagrams for kanji or demo sound files for kana, this is a blessing. Otherwise you wait, click 'back', wait, etc.)

I'm fairly sure you can fix that. In Firefox, go to Tools -> Options -> Content -> File Types -> Manage. That allows you to change how Firefox opens any type of file.
Scholar
#22 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 8:21 PM
I'm using Firefox 3 with Vista. It's nice, but it crashes more often than I'd like (and it's not my system....the browser just conflicts with a lot of websites).

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
Mad Poster
#23 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 8:28 PM
I'm updating to firefox 3 :b Internet Explorer sucks tarantula balls (if they even have any).

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Field Researcher
#24 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 8:30 PM
safari for the win !!!111oneoneone!!!

Head Of Staff & Writer @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out
Scholar
#25 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre15
tarantula balls (if they even have any).

They do have a pair of testes, but they are inside the abdomen.

Page 1 of 2