Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 8:33 AM
Default mscorlib.dll - Fatal Error?
I get an error message trying to start up a program:

Could not load mscorlib.dll Win32 Error 193

It must be .NET framework acting up again. I suppose reinstalling would do it any good?
Advertisement
shiny!
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 8:50 AM
That would be what I would do.. I'd do a fresh install though.. meaning go in your add/remove programs and uninstall all versions and updates to the .net framework, restart your computer, and then download the latest from microsoft.com downloads or by running Windows Update.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 9:13 AM
Did the uninstall. But I ran the program (Which was Clean Installer, BTW) after uninstall--seemed to work, even without .NET

Thanks for the help, by the way!
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 11:06 AM
Clean Installer doesn't need .NET, maybe you're getting mixed up with SimPE which does?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 11:12 AM
It said on its website that it does. SimPE needs .NET, I know that.

Anyways, the problem's solved. Thanks for the help.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 11:26 AM
Depends on which dotnet framework you uninstalled. I think CI only requires dotnet one.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 11:35 AM
I have dotnet 2.0--maybe CI's compatible with that.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
I have dotnet 2.0--maybe CI's compatible with that.

The latest net framework is 3.5
shiny!
retired moderator
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
Did the uninstall. But I ran the program (Which was Clean Installer, BTW) after uninstall--seemed to work, even without .NET

Thanks for the help, by the way!

Maybe you had more than one version installed, like 1.1 and 2.0 or something and it's working on whichever you didn't uninstall. The only thing I would make sure is that you didn't uninstall a service pack or a hotfix and leave the original. You want to keep them up to date. But if it's working, then that's great. No need to go installing extra stuff (like 3.5) until you come across a program which needs it. Just my opinion.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2008 at 2:06 AM
I WAS going to install 3.5 today. But I'm pretty sure that 2.0 will work well. Thanks everyone!