Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 4:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Capping fps
Hello, guys. Is it safe to add the sims 3 to the intel control panel and use the vsync to cap fps? Sorry, I'm new to this.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
are you running intel HD?

if you're on Intel HD, I don't think you need to worry about fps since it is so obsolete. just run up your detail setting.

but yeah you can turn on vsync in intel control panel if you like.

Yes, I'm on Intel HD Graphics 530. I thought I didn't but then I used the fps on cheat and sometimes the fps reached 60/70fps, which I know could be bad (?) since my screen refresh rate is 60GHz. What do you mean by my detail setting? Thank you!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
60-70fps is fine. But I'm sure that only happens during still screen loading, which is really more of a false reading. In game when it is running, it shouldn't be anywhere near that high as Intel HD would probably only give you 10-15 FPS if you have your graphics setting to high.

That was actually in-game, that's why I got frightened

So it's ok to add the game to intel control panel? And can you tell which .exe I should use? In the shortcut properties, it's located in Sims3Launcher.exe, but I've seen people say it's the TS3W.exe for people who carry 1.67 version, so I got confused xD Thank you!!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 12:59 AM
Sorry, the above advice is not correct. On Windows it's TS3.exe (without the "w") for Patch 1.69 but TS3w.exe (with the "w") for 1.67 and everyone else. If you want to confirm that, look at your Task Manager once the game is up and running all the way to see which executable is in control. But as Nitromon said, integrated graphics are not exactly known for wildly throwing fps rates into the hundreds and higher, which is what needs to be avoided.

If you cap the Launcher executable, then you are only affecting the Launcher itself and not the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 11:53 PM
I found it, thank you!!!!

Yes I'm aware of that and I was very surprised when it happened, but it was actually in-game and it hit 60's/70's so I'm thinking capping it would be more secure (?) for the sake of my graphics card

Thank you both!!