Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 5:37 PM
Default Purpose of body mesh having front/back & back left/right seams?
Is this an optimization thing? The ocd part of me wants to just merge these vertex doubles. But before I do, what is the purpose of these split meshes within game animation or is this like a performance optimization?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimKing119
Is this an optimization thing? The ocd part of me wants to just merge these vertex doubles. But before I do, what is the purpose of these split meshes within game animation or is this like a performance optimization?

The split seams are for the two UV maps - the texture map and the uv1 which defines how the body morphs. Along the seam the vertex pairs have different UV coordinates. In most meshing programs those verts can be merged while retaining the UVs, but Sims format meshes require separate verts.

Hope that helps!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 1:39 AM
Yeah, I looked more into it. You're right!
Thanks for the tip. I had to rebuild my mesh from top to bottom (since I nuked that UV1 map at somepoint...) Anyways, it's fixed now.