Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 1:45 PM
Replacing EA's eyelash with CC, OR removing it - permanently.
Hey there. So I've been searching the web with no results on how to completely remove EA's eyelash-block from the game. I mean not just by activating Kijiko's eyelash-remover, but you know, permanently removing the eyelash from existence. No more blob. Ever. Is there now way of making this, or am I simply a lousy researcher?

Also, I was wondering how if it is possible to replace the EA-eyelash-blob with a custom shape, as a default replacement? Now this is a side-note because I'm sure (if it was possible) that someone should have made this a long time ago. I just can't seem to find any information on this, since my look-up-function today seems totally lost on me.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 3:35 PM
This one should remove it automatically, if that's what you meant: http://cienzroza.blogspot.com/2017/...ttle-thing.html
No idea about the second question but I assume yes? But like you said no one has yet, so not sure either.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#3 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 3:43 PM
Just off the top of my head (ha ha) I think you'd need a default replacement head. The eyelashes are inside the head behind the eyeballs so I think you could just remove them from the mesh. The tricky part is that you have to keep the geom vertex IDs in order for many of the morphs to work correctly. You might need the third uv map, I don't know if it's actually used. All you'd need to replace is the geom.

CAS Tools and Milkshape should let you remove the lashes while keeping the other data but I haven't tested with heads. S4S might work if it keeps the vertex IDs and extra uv but I haven't tried.

Same idea for changing the shape - reshape the eyelash mesh as a default replacement. In order to replace the lashes with a new mesh I think you'd have to assign vertex IDs so it gets more complicated.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4