Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 3:10 AM
Default How does this computer fair in playing TS3?
Processor: Intel® 3rd Generation Core™ i5
Processor Speed: 2.6GHz (with Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz)
Screen Size (Measured Diagonally): 14"
System Memory (RAM): 8GB, expand up to 16GB
Computer Hard Drive Size: 750GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M

It is advertised on Best Buy's website as a "gaming computer", but I wanted to know if it held any truth behind its claim. Thanks for reading.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 7:38 AM
What screen resolution do you play on, usually? What settings?

Do you have or plan to get the whole complete set of EPs and SPs and run it that way, patched to the current version?
With lots of CC?

The trifecta of CPU+RAM+GPU meets all the requirements "on paper", but as you know, gameplay performance is another matter. Medium settings might be more smooth than on all High, and with all EPs and tonnes of CC. With all the recommended mods, of course. So, that is a good "gaming computer". How much is it?

Also, gameplay is subjective. It is a matter of what you can live with, mostly. Example is when I upgraded my RAM, I just realized how much time was spent previously waiting on the loading screens to load. But if one goes to get coffee or something while that is loading, that is a non-issue compared to someone who loads the game over and over to test out mods.