Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 11:43 PM
Default Sims 3 is deleting mods folder?
I literally have no idea where to post this thread so I'm sorry if this isn't the place.
I've spent the last few hours searching this site for help to this problem and have come up with nothing.

Today I decided I wanted to install a few mods on my copy of the Sims 3, so I downloaded the mod framework from the site and downloaded the mod I wanted to install. After reading the instructions on running the game once to see if the test mods that the framework comes with work, I did that. So with only the two mods that come in the framework (no intro, and no sparkle) I booted the game. Neither mod worked. So I closed out of the game to see what was up. I opened up my Sims 3 directory and the mods folder was missing.
So I did the same thing again: I extracted the framework into my sims 3 directory, made sure the files were there and ran it again. The same thing happened. When I closed the game my Mods folder was gone.

So I went through all the mod guides and everything on this site. I backed up my sims directory and ran the game without it. I tried putting the mods folder in the new Sims directory it created and it was still removed.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it?

Note: My game is running perfectly fine without the mods. No glitches or anything, it just won't load the mods.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 7:30 AM
i had the same problem what i did was just use the framework thingy and renamed my mods folder to Mods
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lolal
i had the same problem what i did was just use the framework thingy and renamed my mods folder to Mods

Mine was "Mods"

I just ended up reinstalling the game and it works now. -shrug-
Must've been a bug I guess.
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Drejj
Mine was "Mods"

I just ended up reinstalling the game and it works now. -shrug-
Must've been a bug I guess.

probably i get lots of bugs when i play supernatural anyway i am glad that you solved the problems