Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 2:12 PM
Default Sims 3 overexposed in full screen
I have the problem with the brightness of my game. I just bought a new laptop and installed my sims 3 basic game with the expansion packs of Nightlife, Pets, Seasons, Diesel stuff and University Life on it. When I'm playing the Sims 3 at fullscreen it is very overexposed as if there is a whitisch layer on top of it or something. The strange thing is, is that this only occurs in full screen mode and the exposure/brightness goes back to normal when I set the game to windowed mode in the game options.
The high brightness already occurs when the game is started and the intro movie is shown. And I have also already deleted all mods, but that doesn't make any difference.

My laptop should be more than good enough to run the sims 3:
It has an intel core i7 processor, 8GB memory, and a Nvidia GT 630M 2GB graphic card, and runs on windows 7.

I'm not really sure what is causing this strange overexposure. I guess it should be fixable since it can also regulate the brightness normally in windowed playmode, so why not in fullscreen?
Does anyone have a solution to this problem?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 2:26 PM
Hmm. There is a known bug whereby screenshots taken in fullscreen are always very dark. I don't know precisely what the mechanism behind that is; but I wonder if your driver, graphics software, or monitor might be picking up on that and brightening the image to compensate? Do you have a dynamic, automatic, or something like that mode in your graphics options somewhere? (My monitor has one called MagicBright which I could cope with for all of about a week, but I don't think I ever tried it out on fullscreen TS3)

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.