Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 6:10 PM
Default Graphics Improvement - Sims 3
Hello :-)

I´d like to know what can I do to improve my sims details, like the pictures attached for instance(I also put one with my game quality). My pc is one of the latest toshiba models so I have some sweet graphics. I already improved the "sims detail" in the game options to the max. Could it be only photoshop wonder?
Screenshots

>>> JuBa_0oº <<<

Dr. Bumby:
"Everything has a season Alice. A flower blooms and fades away. Memories too, have a useful life."
My Simblr and all my creations at SimMist
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 6:36 PM
Honestly looks like taking good photos in correct lighting, good CC, and having the game on full blast. If you say your PC is up to it, have all the available options on full and try playing around with TAB mode and lighting mods. I don't think this is directly a PC problem, though, and maybe you should try posting in a Sims 3 section instead?

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 6:44 PM
This can help a little bit: http://awtmk.blogspot.com/2011/07/s3hq.html

Really, your picture quality doesn't look bad at all to me - I think it's mostly a matter of playing around with lighting styles and placement, and choosing really great-looking custom content (though, tbh, custom content isn't necessary to get great-looking pics, just a lot of time, patience, and practice).

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
This can help a little bit: http://awtmk.blogspot.com/2011/07/s3hq.html

Really, your picture quality doesn't look bad at all to me - I think it's mostly a matter of playing around with lighting styles and placement, and choosing really great-looking custom content (though, tbh, custom content isn't necessary to get great-looking pics, just a lot of time, patience, and practice).

Yes I think you´re right. Sometimes I just find pictures simply amazing like these and I just ask myself "wow is this even possible without photoshop?" I mean, I know that my picture quality is actually really nice...guess I need to work more with the shadows and lights like you said. In the end you sell your product by selling your image

I´ll try that modification helper you linked, thank you so much!

>>> JuBa_0oº <<<

Dr. Bumby:
"Everything has a season Alice. A flower blooms and fades away. Memories too, have a useful life."
My Simblr and all my creations at SimMist