Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#51 Old 18th Sep 2010 at 4:52 AM
Ok,i was just curious,i wouldn't try it because i'll kill my pc
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#52 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 11:52 PM
I was bored so i typed in power supply and saw this cheap one (OZC) which is reccomended for and ati 5770 plus its 500 watts,should i buy it instead?
http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-OCZ500MXSP-ModXStream-Power-Supply/dp/B001EZMEZO/ref=pd_ts_e_13?ie=UTF8&s=electronics
shiny!
retired moderator
#53 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 1:06 AM
It's inferior to the other and there's only a $5 difference. I wouldn't buy it instead of the Antec.
Inventor
Original Poster
#54 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 1:46 AM Last edited by gabrielorie : 21st Sep 2010 at 1:59 AM.
Why is it inferior?it was on the reccomended psu's on the ati website...I was looking at that same model,brand new for only $40 (I'm looking for the cheapest one)so thats why i asked
shiny!
retired moderator
#55 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 2:29 AM
Because there is some ripple that the Antec doesn't have, among other things it's just not the same quality.
Inventor
Original Poster
#56 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 9:01 PM
Ok,i guess it wouldn't hurt for a quality product.
Inventor
Original Poster
#57 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 5:15 PM
I just asked my aunt if she would order it and she said no She's super busy and said that i can buy one locally .I told my dad and he said that i can buy another power supply and use it as an external one (or something like that), so will this work?
shiny!
retired moderator
#58 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 5:27 PM
It's not going to solve your problem of only having lousy options locally.. it's also a bad idea to run a power supply outside the case, and in most cases it won't work unless you do some serious modding anyway. There's really nothing else we can tell you.. you know your options. You're just going to have to make some decisions.
Inventor
Original Poster
#59 Old 25th Sep 2010 at 5:52 PM
Well thanks I'm gonna show my dad this post and force him to order it,wish me luck

Page 3 of 3