Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 7:22 AM
Sims Life Stories
Sorry if this isn't in the right area, I'm still trying to get use to the forum setup on the site and I couldn't find which one to put it in but the others seem like this question wouldn't fit. Will any of the content work on this site with Sims Life Stories? It's my first Sims game as well, it doesn't have a download folder like the tutorials I've looked at for installing content off the website so they won't work? Plus as far as I know none of the official extensions work with it will that effect it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 9:31 AM
I have Life Stories and I've found that most, but not all, Sims 2 custom content will work with it. If you don't already have a Downloads folder in your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Life Stories folder, just create the folder yourself, and put your custom content in there. You'll need to do a fair amount of trial and error to see what works - some Sims 2 cc will crash your game at startup, so try things one at a time. Recolours, skins, hairs and most objects tend to be OK, but your mileage will vary with mods and hacks.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 4:24 PM
I believe I remember something about Life Stories getting temperamental if you install too much CC, too - similarly to how TS2 does, but with a much lower limit to what it can handle easily.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.