Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
shiny!
retired moderator
#26 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 9:09 PM
SIMMySparxXx, your computer does not meet minimum requirements to play TS3. The reason is your graphics are older and weaker than the oldest and weakest supported. Continuing to play the game can result in your permanently damaging your computer. Sorry.

You can try updating some drivers:
ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R171786.exe
ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/chipset/R153997.exe
ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/video/Intel_G...A10_R207204.exe

But between the history of that notebook and the weak graphics, I recommend not trying to play anymore, unless you don't really care about how long your computer lasts.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by callistra
SIMMySparxXx, your computer does not meet minimum requirements to play TS3. The reason is your graphics are older and weaker than the oldest and weakest supported. Continuing to play the game can result in your permanently damaging your computer. Sorry.

You can try updating some drivers:
ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/audio/R171786.exe
ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/chipset/R153997.exe
ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/video/Intel_G...A10_R207204.exe

But between the history of that notebook and the weak graphics, I recommend not trying to play anymore, unless you don't really care about how long your computer lasts.

exactly how is it going to damamge my comp? like which parts and stuff?
and are there certain things i could buy to make this comp improve?

hello (:
I Fang Bang baby
House of Stark
GoldfishSparxXx aka SarahSparxXx aka SimmySparxXx aka SparxXx aka Soursparks
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#28 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 7:41 PM
The main issue here is the graphics chip, and that's the part that tends to get damaged by overstressing - the chip just wears out and eventually stops working.

However, while in most desktop computers if the graphics card stops working, it just means you have to buy a new one; notebooks are different. As mentioned, you have a graphics chip, not a card - what that means is that the graphics chip is actually attached to your motherboard. As such, if your graphics chip stops working, there's a very good chance that it could also damage your motherboard. If your motherboard gets damaged, your notebook is done for, end of. It won't even start up.

Unfortunately, most laptops and notebooks can't be upgraded - and it sounds like even if yours can, it would probably be cheaper to just buy a new one altogether. Calli knows more about that, though.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
shiny!
retired moderator
#29 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 8:05 PM
Your notebook can support a new motherboard and graphics card but it would cost hundreds of dollars and require you to know how to fully pull it apart and put it back together. It will be even MORE prone to overheating and the only dedicated card that it supports is outdated entry level tech that isn't a whole lot better than hat you have now, and it happens to have known defects in that it can't handle heat like it should. That's the long explanation, but the short one is, no, there's no decent upgrade options for you. Sorry
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 10:06 PM Last edited by TemplerArcher : 21st Jul 2009 at 11:27 PM.
Sorry it took so long for me to post back. I just reseated my processor since everything else only lowered it to upper 50's (god it took forever to get the thermal paste here). once I got it reseated I'm running lower 40's while doing things like this and only 50's when I'm getting maxed out. The thermal paste that was on the cpu originally was paltry at best, but now it's running alot better. I'll try soon to test it on the sims 3 again for a long period of time to make sure it fixed everything. Been busy lately...

Thanks alot for your help everyone!

Page 2 of 2