Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dristina
I would say my budget- changed into USD- $5000.

how did you go from an Eee... which retails here for like $300... to having a budget of $5000? Where on earth are you going to get all that money?

~Katy
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chickcasa
how did you go from an Eee... which retails here for like $300... to having a budget of $5000? Where on earth are you going to get all that money?

~Katy

She said her dad has a computer store and will simply take one out of a box and give it to her. Money doesn't seem to be a drawback.

Dristina, if you have that big of a budget, I would say you can get about any computer your father carries. Computer stores don't usually carry that expensive of a computer because there's not that much call for them.

For a computer to cost that much you would probably have to order it. Myself I've had cutting edge computers for $2700 USD.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#53 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fway
Now it does play the Sims 2 Flawlessly, however like it's been said we don't know the Minimum specs for the Sims 3. and NVIDIA cards aren't very compatible with TS2.

Lies and propoganda. I daresay that there are tons of people who have Nvidia cards who play TS2 perfectly okay. I myself have played it using a 6800 vanilla (AGP), a 6800 Ultra (Go, in a laptop), a 7950GT and an 8800GTS with zero issues except perhaps the shader thing which is easily set in a config anyway.

But anyway, Dristina if you really have that much of a budget and want a laptop, get an Alienware/Dell. Honestly, though, if you have the space and don't need to carry it around, get a desktop instead.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
shiny!
retired moderator
#54 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 10:05 PM
Oh GOD DON’T get a Dell/Alienware.. talk about lies and propaganda They're widely known but FAR from the best. Unless yanno.. you just want to throw away tons of money for a lit up alien head or bragging rights on an inferior machine. If you have that kind of budget get a Sager laptop.. like a NP2092 or NP5793 (Built by Clevo, and best gaming laptop there is before the big brother which boasts up to 3 hard drives in RAID, and a desktop processor making it more of a portable desktop than a true laptop at 12lbs!). Get from xoticpc.com too. They are extremely well built, and have not notch cooling too.. as well as having good tech support from xoticpc.com which is more than you'll get from the other. The NP5793 also has a user upgradable gpu so it's more futureproof.

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np5792...?wconfigure=yes

WUXGA
T9300
8700gt (not worth the $465 upgrade to the 8800gtx for you. since it's user upgradable you can always add better later)
2gb ram
100gb 7200rpm
xp home
3 year parts and labor warranty plus lifetime 24/7 tech support (+197)
$2224.00/$2157.28
Original Poster
#55 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 5:44 AM
Well, I have 5000 for the budget and I that is also for the other things.. not only the lap-top. I would say my budget is about 2k - 3k. I also want a Pocket Printer and a Digital Camera and Wireless Network. And the fee I have to pay my dad if I use his electricity.. Lol...
Field Researcher
#56 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 5:15 AM
No, that laptop will DEFINITALY NOT run the Sims 2 or 3 lol!

ılı.------Volume------.ılı.
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █
Min- - - - - - - - - - -●Max
► Play ▌▌ Pause ■ Stop
Field Researcher
#57 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by callistra
Oh GOD DON’T get a Dell/Alienware.. talk about lies and propaganda They're widely known but FAR from the best. Unless yanno.. you just want to throw away tons of money for a lit up alien head or bragging rights on an inferior machine. If you have that kind of budget get a Sager laptop.. like a NP2092 or NP5793 (Built by Clevo, and best gaming laptop there is before the big brother which boasts up to 3 hard drives in RAID, and a desktop processor making it more of a portable desktop than a true laptop at 12lbs!). Get from xoticpc.com too. They are extremely well built, and have not notch cooling too.. as well as having good tech support from xoticpc.com which is more than you'll get from the other. The NP5793 also has a user upgradable gpu so it's more futureproof.

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np5792...?wconfigure=yes

WUXGA
T9300
8700gt (not worth the $465 upgrade to the 8800gtx for you. since it's user upgradable you can always add better later)
2gb ram
100gb 7200rpm
xp home
3 year parts and labor warranty plus lifetime 24/7 tech support (+197)
$2224.00/$2157.28

Shut up! LOL! I have a Dell aka my username...It has its ups and downs but its not the worst! I got an eMachine Today and boy is it crap lol, its old though xD

ılı.------Volume------.ılı.
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █
Min- - - - - - - - - - -●Max
► Play ▌▌ Pause ■ Stop
shiny!
retired moderator
#58 Old 29th Mar 2008 at 5:36 AM
I never said it was the worst, I just said it wasn't the best I stand by that. I would agree that emachines is worse..far as quality of machine goes. Then again they're not building themselves up to be something they're not and overcharging for the name/design either. Emachines are cheap computers, and you get what you pay for. Nobody buys an emachine computer thinking they've gotten the top of the line gaming machine due to some fancy schmancy design and advertisement.

Page 3 of 3