Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 10:41 PM
System requirements for sims 3 and all expansions + advice for a new laptop
Hi guys. I'm a member of this site since October 2008 ( I was 12 then, it's so funny), but I never wrote even a comment. I just downloaded stuff. But now guys I need your help. I got obsessed with the game again (please tell me you know what I mean), but now I'm with a laptop, not my old computer. This week all I thought was that I'm gonna install Sims 3 and all the expansions and it's gonna be cool. But, here comes the problem. I thought that my laptop meets the requirements (HP 2510p), but I'm wrong, or am I wrong? I've got 2 GB RAM and Intel Core 2 Duo 1,2 GHz U7600 and 80 GB hard disk. From what I read in the internet I realized that my laptop isn't suitable for the game. One man, he is good with computers (not expert though) told me that I can't change my processor with a better one which is even worse. It's just a game, but the only game I like that much so I don't mind buying a new laptop just for this. My question is what are the requirements for the game including all of it expansions. I read that even on a computer which meets the requirements the game is slow and I want to play it with the highest quality settings. Also I'll be really glad if you tell me some good laptop models or just advice on choosing a new one. I'll be really glad if you guys help me. Thank you from now.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 4:06 AM
Does it absolutely have to be a laptop? What country are you buying from? What's your budget?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
Does it absolutely have to be a laptop? What country are you buying from? What's your budget?

Well, yes, I prefer it to be a laptop. I'm from Bulgaria. About the budget, even if you tell me what model to buy I won't buy it now. Soon I'll find a job.. I have some money, but not enough to buy one now. Maybe after 2-3 months.. if I'm lucky less. And I'm sorry for my English and if I don't explain it well.
Scholar
#4 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 9:37 PM
Im asking about the budget because there are options that are recommended but not essential. So if you have the budget for it, its worth the money, but if your budget is smaller you can still run the game with lower performance on cheaper hardware.

You should ideally get:
6th gen i5 that will probably be released nearer to the end of the year.
8GB of DDR3 ram
GTX 950M or better.
250GB SSD
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
Im asking about the budget because there are options that are recommended but not essential. So if you have the budget for it, its worth the money, but if your budget is smaller you can still run the game with lower performance on cheaper hardware.

You should ideally get:
6th gen i5 that will probably be released nearer to the end of the year.
8GB of DDR3 ram
GTX 950M or better.
250GB SSD

Thanks for the advice. I browsed through the internet and I found this laptop Acer Aspire E5-572G, which is the cheapest laptop in the site, in the section cheap laptops for games, but still pretty good in my opinion.
Scholar
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 9:20 AM
It is not.

CPU: passable
RAM: has 4GB when 8GB is recommended
GPU: 840M, too weak.
SSD: none

Keep looking in my opinion