Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2007 at 2:16 AM
Default Haunting Pictures
Recently I went to the Woolaroc Museaum in Oklahoma, about a couple weeks ago and only about an hour and 45 mineuts from where I live. I took tons and tons of pictures, and this picture I took in the doll room with all these freaky 200-100 year old dolls in these glass cases seemed to be haunted by SOMETHING- but I have no idea. I have recently became attached to this picture since I relized the texture of the yellow wood nearby, as the "circles" i beleive come to a vanishing point, also. My camera is of good quality, in fact, very good quality and it is also very new. Keep in mind that I did not even twist the camera as I took this pic, either, I did nothing but level it straight, and push the button- and on the screen I saw

Who thinks I caught something or someONE here? And if you want proof that my camera is good tell me because I have alot of pics to prove it...
and this pic still makes my neck hair raise and my spine tingle every time I see it...
And who ELSE has had these frightening experiences?
Advertisement
#2 Old 26th May 2007 at 2:34 AM
Was this taken through a glass case by chance?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th May 2007 at 2:42 AM
Yes, it was, and they clean it like 3-4 times a week. soo..yeah...I took like 5 other pictures of the dolls, and they came out perfectly.
#4 Old 26th May 2007 at 2:54 AM
The key to finding supernatural images is to first rule out what it could logically be. There are a few things here that lead me to believe it's not supernatural.

First: It was taken through glass. It doesn't matter how good your equipment is, glass distorts your images. It reflects the smallest amounts of light that the human eye doesn't see, but the camera does.

Second: You just said they clean this glass 3-4x a week. Probably in a circular motion. You can take an image through glass 15 times and have it come out clean. The 16th time, you're a hair to the left or right. The lights are reflected differently, and you've picked up a pattern in the glass.

That's all I believe this to be - a pattern in the glass that is distorting the view of the dolls. You'd have to disprove that in order to really "prove" it's anything else.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th May 2007 at 3:00 AM
Good point... I just can't really figure it out though!
#6 Old 26th May 2007 at 4:52 AM
The picture does look really freaky. I've always hated dolls ever since I was little. Something about them always creeped me out. Even if it was just the glass distorting the picture, I'd still tear it up and throw it away lol. I'm just weird like that.
#7 Old 26th May 2007 at 9:38 AM
does your camera has date on the pictures? I am wandering what is that thing beside the white dolls face. if that is the date and its also distorted, then its freaky
#8 Old 26th May 2007 at 9:54 AM
I think it's a hair bow, Nixie.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 26th May 2007 at 10:02 AM
Is it possible someone jolted your elbow or something and you don't remember?

My mom and myself have taken pictures of a haunted house and it was full of spheres, but we were able to discredit some of them.

Either way its a creppy picture and makes me dizzy.

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
#10 Old 26th May 2007 at 10:18 AM
It is a creepy picture! I think you should make it into a b+w pic, it'd look a lot more dramatic and eerie.
Test Subject
#11 Old 26th May 2007 at 2:16 PM
That is a cree[y pic, though i guess magic explained it.

I once took a pic of my little brother in my house, and down at the end of the hall you could see some glowing human figure (it very cleary had arms head legs.....). It was sooooooooo creepy. But I lost it when I had to fix the computer because there was something wrong with it:doh:
#12 Old 26th May 2007 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foolinthemoon
Either way its a creppy picture and makes me dizzy.

It's a very creppy picture indeed!
#13 Old 26th May 2007 at 4:23 PM
I sometimes get orbs and stuff on my pictures (random balls of light, or 'residual energy' supposedly). Once I got an orb and it looked like it had a face inside it. Spooky. That was on Hallowe'en too, in a local pub thats renowned for being haunted :D

And my lens was clean too! I hadn't just sneezed on it and made a load of blobs.
#14 Old 26th May 2007 at 4:39 PM
If you look close enough you can see the streaks from the glass being cleaned, it looks like someone here said it was done in a circular motion. Still it is a very freaky picture. I had a friend at work show me a picture of an abandoned church they went into and there were all kinds of "orbs" although some were more than likely dust but some didn't look that way.
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th May 2007 at 7:18 PM
Some glass is texturized, in addition to marks from cleaning. It just appears to me that you were in a low light situation (florescent, I'm assuming?) and thus you had a slow shutterspeed. That is, according to my assumption that you are using a digital point and shoot, which autofocuses and autoadjusts exposure and shutterspeed. It's just a camera thing, to me. But the effect is pretty neat. Too bad there isn't a spot in the middle that's focused, that might have been a wicked image ;D

"One of the problems of taking things apart and seeing how they work - supposing you're trying to find out how a cat works--you take that cat apart to see how it works, what you've got in your hands is a non-working cat." - Author, Douglas Adams
Forum Resident
#16 Old 26th May 2007 at 7:32 PM
Mahenveau, could you post links or something to the other pictures so we can compare them?

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th May 2007 at 11:22 PM
Sure. Here are some-

And here's one that I took that's NOT of the dolls-

And two more-

That alright?
#18 Old 26th May 2007 at 11:27 PM

That's my haunting picture. :D

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
#19 Old 26th May 2007 at 11:57 PM
Those dolls have thier own creepy merit. Don't worry about glass or anything. They look supernatural enough.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 27th May 2007 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Derange

That's my haunting picture. :D

That's freaky...there's orbs everywhere, and then that big blur...
Weird....
cool pic, nontheless!
#21 Old 27th May 2007 at 12:44 AM
Freaky! I can't compare the picture in the first post to the ones you posted more recently... is that third picture with the blonde haired doll taken through glass as well? If so then that theory doesn't make sense. If glass distorts every image surely it would have happened for that photo as well... or maybe I'm looking for an excuse to have nightmares.

lol! :P

Derange, that picture is scary! What is that mist thing? Weird
#22 Old 27th May 2007 at 12:47 AM
Ooh .... damn these are scary.
If I took them I totally would keep it, but never ever look at it again
#23 Old 27th May 2007 at 12:59 AM
Those dolls are really creepy! You could've just posted a non-distorted picture of the dolls and called this thread "Haunting Pictures!" :sprint:
#24 Old 27th May 2007 at 1:56 AM
The picture (in the first post) dont look strange or haunted to me, just distorted by accident. But the dolls in the other pics are scary. The first one looks insane, the second one as if she just saw something horrid! (but the third doll is cute...)
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th May 2007 at 2:19 AM
After seeing your additional pictures. I stick by what I said. Point and shoots are unpredictable and do crazy things XD

"One of the problems of taking things apart and seeing how they work - supposing you're trying to find out how a cat works--you take that cat apart to see how it works, what you've got in your hands is a non-working cat." - Author, Douglas Adams
Page 1 of 2