Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 6:33 AM
Default Site asks about privacy settings every time I load a new page on MTS
As of a few days ago I can't go anywhere on the site without the pop-up regarding privacy coming up. Open site. Privacy pop up. Go to PMs. Privacy pop up. Click on a PM. Privacy pop up. Go to downloads page. Privacy pop up. Open a download. Privacy pop up.

It's driving me crazy having to answer it again, and again, and again. I tried allowing cookies so that it could remember my choice but still asks every time. What's up with that?

Using firefox.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 2:28 PM
It's the same for me (FF 82.0). Again, I might add, since I (and many others with me) had the exact same problem the last time MTS changed this. I thought this time it might be because I chose "reject all" (but why would you even have that option if one can't use it?? And yes, I do click "save & exit"), but I'm NOT going allow third-party cookies from every Tom, Dick and Harry on the web. I block them for a reason.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 6:38 PM Last edited by Tashiketh : 25th Oct 2020 at 6:51 PM.
I've tested with FF 82, and I *don't* get this issue.  Usually this means that there's other kinds of cookie blockers in place.  Just for reference I haven't changed anything specifically in the last few days, but due to GPDR and other rules, the ads popup will ask you if the list of ad providers changes.  I cannot replicate the popup occuring on every page however.

If you are using an ad blocker / security app thingy, which one are you using?  I can check with the ads people to see if they have had any issues with whichever one it is.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 7:12 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 25th Oct 2020 at 7:23 PM.
FF 61.0.2 (I know outdated, I'm a curmudgeon I hate updates they just change things for no reason and I have to learn layout all over again so as long as it works I'm sticking xD) + Adblock Plus. And like Nix also choosing reject all + save and exit. Though as I said, tried just the cookie part at the top of list as well thinking perhaps it wasn't able to store my preferences because I wasn't letting it store anything at all, but no change.

Also @ adblocker, I'd love to allow ads on MTS to support it but got really shady stuff that was making my browser crash so I had to turn it back on to be able to use the site at all.

EDIT: Did you fix something? All of a sudden not getting it anymore
EDIT2: Refreshed page a bunch, went to different places. Not a single pop-up. Huzzah! I don't know what you did Tashi but thank you :lovestruc

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 12:01 PM
Good to know.  Also, when did you get the shady ads?  I've switched ad providers in the past month or so, and haven't seen any shady ones since then.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 1:00 PM
Good while ago now. Thanks for the heads up you changed provider, I'll turn it off and see how it works

EDIT: Turned it off and problem is now back xd Keeps asking me on every new page I go to.

Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 9:58 PM
@Tashiketh I use AdBlock Plus, but I have it turned off for MTS.

Okay, this is interesting. When I'm logged in, I no longer get the popup (yay!) - but the second I log out, it's back (and I'm the kind of person who logs out when I leave a site, and also don't necessarily log back in unless I'm going to do something that requires it, e.g. leave a comment. So remaining logged in just to kill a popup isn't something I like to do. Also, I'd most likely log out by accident when I left anyway, because habit).
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 12:39 PM
Sorry for double posting, but I just wanted to let @Tashiketh know that this has now been fixed. Yesterday evening (CET), I was still getting the popup on every. single. page. I visited when not logged in. Today, it's suddenly gone - without me changing anything on my side, I might add.

Glad it's finally been fixed, it was getting incredibly annoying.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#9 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 1:49 PM
Interesting.  I didn't do anything my end, so I guess the ad provider fixed something.  Good to know! . Thanks for the feedback!