Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 4:30 AM
Default Capturing higher-than-desktop resolution images
Is there a program/software to capture higher resolution images than what can be displayed by a PC desktop. I'm using Windows XP 64-bit?

So for example, my desktop is 1920x1200 pixels. There's scenes from The Sims 2 that I'd like to capture in higher resolution (not changing the DPI, but just dimension-wise while keeping the same DPI).

I've experience how unreliable it is to piece together scenes with varying proximity to the camera (e.g. it's easier to piece together 1 object at a set distance than several objects from difference distances in front to further away from the camera). So instead the only function I found was to zoom out, and it gives the scene a fish-eye effect. I'd like to avoid that.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 5:05 AM
So... you want to set your resolution in the sims 2 to something higher than 1920x1200, then take a screenshot?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 6:22 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 18th Oct 2014 at 6:32 AM.
The problem is my monitor can't go past 1920x1200 (it's a native resolution). And I don't have a second monitor to attach to extend the desktop to another screen, for example. Like i can't go to, say, 2560x1440.

Although...is it possible to have the game display such a higher resolution, even though it won't fit the desktop? I'll try that and see what happens.

EDIT: Doesn't work, neither the game nor video card accepts past that.

See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 12:23 PM
Maybe this? http://superuser.com/questions/6205...-second-monitor

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 5:33 AM
No, unfortunately there's no option for that available. I'm using GTX 560, and nVidia's Control Panel. There's an option for "Set up multiple displays", but there's no option for "adding" a 2nd monitor manually (e.g. it detects automatically). I guess I'm out of luck for now. Anyway, not too important, it could wait until the future. But just in case there's other ideas, it might be useful.