Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3401 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 4:17 PM
The trailer dropped. I still don't hate it, and I think it might be good value for the money, but such a weird time for this theme.

There are also a set of chair I'm loving that I think might be part of the patch? Otherwise, there will be 2 living room sets in the pack (one of which is more modern).

Actually, I'm seeing a lot of new objects that aren't in the game. I can't imagine all of these are in the stuff pack...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Scholar
#3402 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 4:31 PM
This pack entirely hinges on if we get a fear emotion or not for me, because it seems such useless nonsense without it. If the sims only get 'tense' when they should be terrified, I swear I'll...scream forbidden words a the ea logo. *sigh* Ah the shame of still keep playing the game.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Scholar
#3403 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 5:10 PM
It really just another spooky pack and all your really paying for this time is the New Career.
Instructor
#3404 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 5:41 PM Last edited by Dixieland : 12th Jan 2021 at 6:01 PM.
I wonder what effect (if any) it will have on City Living's Haunted lot trait? You can't remove the trait by any normal means, so will this offer a way to do so immersively, or will there be some bluster about such ghosts not being affected because they're just too special?

Edit 1: After reading more about it, it sounds like these ghosts are separate and tied to a new lot trait. Still, it will be pretty bad if séances don't have any effect on other ghost-related content from the previous packs.

Edit 2: A new emotion has been confirmed--Scared. It will arrive in the patch for the base-game.

Here's the info: https://simscommunity.info/2021/01/...motional-state/

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Scholar
#3405 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 6:47 PM
Well damn, I expected to be disappointed yet again, but SimGuruConor is my Sims hero:
https://twitter.com/SimGuruConor/st...049059588272130

He converted over 60 basegame and crosspack buffs to the new 'scared' emotion. OMG!

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Test Subject
#3406 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 7:37 PM
So haunted house is going to be a lot type like the tiny house residential, not a trait. I guess the main difference will be that they will be those little spirits, and the lot trait always just felt more like a play on the whole "the pipes in this old building creak a lot, it's probably haunted!" thing but with actual ghosts because this is the sims.
Mad Poster
#3407 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 9:55 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 12th Jan 2021 at 10:24 PM.
Build-Buy/CAS seems like a rehash of the Boho-themed Movie Hangout stuff pack. If you dropped one item from one pack into another, would you be able to tell the difference?

Some of the CAS items seem sort of 70s-themed in their forms- I wonder if it was a bit of a missed opportunity not to go after some of the cooler retro styles in this era (which seems to be a gap in Build-Buy so far)?

Big missed opportunity not to have more ghost-specific customization IMO, and I'm not seeing existing ghost sims playing a big role in this so far (ghosts seem limited to pre-defined(?) 'specters' and the little spirit-things).

Haunted house lot type IMO sort of overlaps with the existing lot traits that give you ghosts.

Screenshots
Instructor
#3408 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 10:16 PM
Apparently Dave Miotke on Twitter says you can put the haunted house in every world

"This pack should be world agnostic. You can use this new lot type anywhere you want!"

Not sure that agnostic is the right word?
Instructor
#3409 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 11:02 PM
Why are the ghosts like boo in Mario games and not the dead Sims? It seems like an "interesting" choice to go with the kawaii little ghosts than with what the game already has.
Forum Resident
#3410 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 12:05 AM
Fear should have been an emotion all along. It's so ridiculous that it wasn't.
Mad Poster
#3411 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Well damn, I expected to be disappointed yet again, but SimGuruConor is my Sims hero:
https://twitter.com/SimGuruConor/st...049059588272130

He converted over 60 basegame and crosspack buffs to the new 'scared' emotion. OMG!

Omg, Sims are now terrifed....
As they should been earrrlier on uuu
I can't lie uuu
I'm tensed...ooooh no I mean I'm terrifed oooouuhh I'm terrifed...

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#3412 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
It really just another spooky pack and all your really paying for this time is the New Career.

I bougt Moschino only for the photography career. The Clothes themselves offended my sense of style, and I don't have any sense of style.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3413 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 2:45 AM
Spooky Stuff will finally be spooky.

Top Secret Researcher
#3414 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I bougt Moschino only for the photography career. The Clothes themselves offended my sense of style, and I don't have any sense of style.

And Bonehilda, let's not forget we're paying for the honor of having Bonehilda back in our games! /s

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3415 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 4:31 AM
Honestly, for a Stuff pack, the amount of content on offer really isn’t that bad - which I’m sure is because it’s taking bits and pieces from other packs. A new lot, a new career, 2 new NPCs, and at least one new gameplay object. It’s trending towards a game pack if the content is deep enough.

Bowling Night features just bowling and they didn’t even add a bowling alley lot type.

Lab Assistant
#3416 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 11:52 AM
I'd rather they fix bugs and update the base game instead of this occult bullshit. My gameplay is based in reality and this pack does exactly JACK FUCKING SQUAT for that. Hope all of you who begged for this shit are happy now.

Rob Riemensnyder is the biggest coward who ever lived. Stay away from him.
Mad Poster
#3417 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 12:07 PM Last edited by daisylee : 14th Jan 2021 at 3:16 AM.
I have not played 4 since I cannot remember but this looks like fun to me, so far, even though after playing a bit I will drop 4 again I am sure. As usual I have the complaint that I would love to build some haunted houses................. but there are no places to build them as these worlds are too dang small and all of my worlds filled ages ago. One of the reasons I stopped playing. I love to build and there is ZERO room.
Instructor
#3418 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I have not played 4 since I cannot remember but this looks like fun to me, so far, even though after playing a bit I will drop 4 again I am sure. As usual I have the complaint that I would love to build some haunted houses................. but there are no places to build them as these world are too dang small and all of my worlds filled ages ago. One of the reasons I stopped playing. I love to build and there is ZERO room.

I have several Saves and don't play with just one and go back and forth between them all the time. They have all got a name and a particular type of style or following one family.

I've found plenty of space for building new houses and will probably begin a new one to try this out. The best thing about Sims 4 you get all the worlds every time and don't have to choose one as in Sims 3.
Mad Poster
#3419 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
I have several Saves and don't play with just one and go back and forth between them all the time. They have all got a name and a particular type of style or following one family.

I've found plenty of space for building new houses and will probably begin a new one to try this out. The best thing about Sims 4 you get all the worlds every time and don't have to choose one as in Sims 3.

I may have to do that. I have lots that I have moved in and out of the game. I may do a new save to play with this.
One Minute Ninja'd
#3420 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim

Not that new. This was around in 2018. Maybe this one is an active career? Nah, then it would be a GP. I am glad they decided to allow Bonehilda (who already exists) to pursue her dreams. But on another note, couldn't they have give us a true cemetery lot?

Screenshots
Inventor
#3421 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 8:30 PM
Another year, another mediocre TS4 Stuff Pack that includes content that was part of an EP in previous games. Greed. Greed never changes...
Field Researcher
#3422 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 7:49 AM
How many times are they going to re use spirits? By my count this is the third time.
Mad Poster
#3423 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 8:59 AM
Regarding the Scared emotion, does include death at its final stage? Though it wouldn't be much point to it if Sims don't reach it easily enough, say had ghost in the presence induce the 3rd degree emotion.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#3424 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
. . . I've been saying for years that this game is made for children; EA keeps proving my point. 

After awhile, even children get tired of this game's crap. I know my kids do.
Field Researcher
#3425 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
They are not the same as the ones from Snowy Escape. The 'spirits' for this pack look like little blobs of whipped cream with eyeballs. On second thought, no. They are a play on the poop emoji since EA loves social media so much. The ones from Snowy Escape are the Kleenex ghost version that people make for kids Halloween parties.  The next version will be the cheese stick version that can also be found all over places like Pinterest.   People take cheese sticks and draw ghost faces on the packaging.

I've been saying for years that this game is made for children; EA keeps proving my point. 

Kleenex ghosts – How To Make A Ghost Out Of Tissues

Cheesestick ghosts

You are right about the visuals!

I don’t know, I expect the spirits in this pack to be as fleshed out as the others. Cause they are so fleshed out of course. Notice that the spirits giving you gifts is probably recycled from Seasons gnomes!

I got a email survey from EA asking about my opinion of sims 4.
The second question was “Have you discouraged people from playing the sims 4?”
(The first was would you recommend the game?)

It asked had I heard about the skin tone swatch, what I thought of that and then asked a bunch of questions about how well I thought the game was doing in terms of being inclusive, diverse, representative, How easy is it to be able to make my simself.
Then it asked if I agreed all the dlc is neccessary to be fun, was the base game alone enjoyable.

The final section was about if I like multiplayer, competitive games and what motivated me to play games, was it the competition aspect or the goals or playing with or against others?

RIP sims 5
Page 137 of 141