Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 6:04 AM
Default Future world traits in home world
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share something I found interesting and could potentially be helpful to others:

When I added the future world resource shared here, but changed byte 06 to 02 (making my world a city), it gave my world all of the traits of a future world, but still allowed my world to be a home world!

All of the townies randomly generated had the future sim trait, dressed in clothes/hair from ITF, and the autonomously used hoverboards, the holophone, etc. Also, all of the service NPCs (firefighter, pizza delivery, repairman, mixologist, etc.) were plumbots. However, none of the sims used hover cars/taxis, the waiters were still human sims, and the game spawned an extra time traveler. I traveled to the future briefly once and didn't experience any issues. I am using the Oasis Landing from Cawster, which I emptied to remake into a cyberpunk/post-apocalyptic version.

Has anyone else experimented with this? Was there any issues?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jun 2020 at 10:24 PM
I didn't even know there were resources available to make a "future home world" that is so cool.
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 8:43 AM
That's great to know. I've been working on a revamp of Lunar Lakes. In the game itself (as opposed to Create a World), I've given all the resident Sims the future trait, redid their houses (replacing items with futuristic counterparts from into the future and store items while still keeping the same colors and patterns), redid their outfits (keeping the colors and patterns the same but with futuristic clothing), and gave them all future cars(usually. I was looking for a way to do townies so I'll have to give this a shot. I still wanna get futuristic service vehicles somehow
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 3:32 PM
Looks like an awesome idea, and a super-easy fix that'll make Lunar Lakes more playable!

I think for service cars and townie cars, I think the choice of vehicles is unfortunately hardcoded.

I'm sure there'll be more elegant solutions in the future, but you can use S3OC to clone the ITF service vehicles, and then use S3PE to copy the original vehicles' instance numbers onto your cloned vehicles, essentially creating default replacements of the cars.

You'll just need to remember to remove these cars in case you want to play in other worlds!
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 1:23 AM
That might work. Pardon if this is a stupid question (I don't know much about modding), but do you think it would be possible to do what you said (clone and replace service vehicles) but make it world specific? For example, weather parameters have INI files that make them world specific. Could something like that ever apply to other mods?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pollinationtech#10
That might work. Pardon if this is a stupid question (I don't know much about modding), but do you think it would be possible to do what you said (clone and replace service vehicles) but make it world specific? For example, weather parameters have INI files that make them world specific. Could something like that ever apply to other mods?

I'm glad you found this useful!

Sorry for the late reply. I'm not an expert at modding/editing world files, but you might want to take a look at Cronor. That world uses custom recolors for vehicles (like taxis/buses), that are specific to the world and does not use custom content or CC. This thread has some info on how that's done (I remember seeing a more thorough tutorial once, but I can't seem to find it now ).
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 2:34 AM
I know this thread is a bit old, but do you have plans to share that world? From what I can see it looks pretty cool.