Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 7:21 AM
Default Adding image on Sims 3 Workshop
Alright,

Im trying to add an image on the Sims 3 Workshop. I have a Seminole Head in .dds format and trying to add it to a shirt. I get the following error..

"error when loading preview - Index was outside of the bounds array".

What am I doing wrong here?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 11:29 AM
Um... For questions about the Workshop, you would be better off posting at The Sims Resource, as it is their tool. It is possible someone here might be able to help, but I don't think many people here are using it so you might as well go straight to the source. They have a specific forum for any issues with it... The Sims 3 Workshop - Forum

Boredom is counterrevolutionary.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 3:36 PM
What do people use here for these things?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 3:56 PM
good point, although your grammar needs some work.

I've worked with Workshop and lot and i have never had this problem... the people who worked on workshop would be the people to ask over at TSR like Valencay said.

also when you ask them your question, tell them exactly what you did so they can help you quickly. By telling them that you put a file in the thingy, you'll get nowhere slowly. tell them what file your working on, under what tab your importing your file, things like that. also screenshots are also nice so we no exactly whats going on.

Andrew Shields My personal portfolio

Andrew Shields Facebook Page <3
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NolePaul
What do people use here for these things?

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to add a stencil to a shirt? For that, the tool available here is Delphy's CAS Texture Unitool.

There is a beginner tutorial for doing this... Creating Custom Stencils Tutorial

For other things, there are a wide variety of tools and what people use depends on what they are trying to do. If you are interested, you can check out the Sims 3:Modding Wiki.

Good luck with your shirt.

Boredom is counterrevolutionary.