Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 10:50 PM
Default Marauder's Plight
Chapter One

Lyeecia was busy getting ready. She had to go out on this next scouting mission. There had been reports of another attack, this one dangerously close to Yle Serin, the main agricultural center in her kingdom. She knew well that her father, Illitran, wouldn’t exactly approve of it. He was the king, but she didn’t care. She didn’t like being cooped up in a castle like your common farm animal.
Finally, Lyeecia was done braiding her long, blond hair into the traditional Elven war braid. She looked in the mirror. Her bright green eyes were expressive, and her pointy ears could pick up even the softest of sounds. Her tanish skin was a testament to the hours she spent outside, from playing with friends as a young girl to joining the troops on the regular scouting missions later on. The armor fit her well, even though it was given to her on her 12th birthday at least six years ago. It was a beautiful sap green color, and her favorite.
Of course, getting ready was one thing. Sneaking past her attentive and rather overprotective father and the loyal guards was another thing entirely. Going through the throne room was far too risky. The secret exit seemed like a better idea, but that was guarded. There was another exit, but that would require going through the barracks. She wanted to go alone, and without anyone noticing. And the barracks were her best hope of that. She grabbed her sword and left.
An hour later, she was outside. Lyeecia had to sneak past the guards, but it was worth the risk. The crisp, flowery smell of spring filled her nose as she gazed upon the land. The Mountain Chicory and Summer Leaf were abundant during this time. Her mother - who died of illness many years back - taught her that mixing Summer Leaves with a hint of dried rose petals and crushed lavender made for a rather energizing potion. Mountain Chicories were very spicy, and when combined with nightshade, made for a very potent poison, but when combined with Traveller’s Osier, could cure almost any illness. But Lyeecia didn’t have much time to dawdle. Yle Serin was less than half a day’s trip south - on foot - from her hometown of Elynlean, the main center of commerce and trade, and the capital of Drinem, the Elven kingdom. She only went there a few times before with her mother and once again with her father, but she remembered the way.
When Lyeecia arrived, she was surprised. The town looked like it had been recently attacked, of course, but it wasn’t entirely ruined. The survivors she spoke to said that the half-titans were responsible for the attack. Odd, Lyeecia thought, those half-titans normally keep to themselves. Which would have been true several months back, before her father’s health began to decline. Could there be a connection? She hoped not, but she couldn’t help but shake off the feeling that maybe it was true. Her father was starting to act a bit...paranoid. He was normally very calm and relaxed, but now he jumped at every noise. He didn’t get much sleep at night, and it showed.
“Lyeecia?”
She jumped and turned around. It was only Guard Malon. Lyeecia relaxed a little. “What is it, Malon?” she asked.
“What are you doing out here? Didn’t High King Illitran tell you not to leave the castle?”
“Malon, I know he did, but I think he forgets that I can handle myself.” she responded. “I managed to kill 4 emberghouls by myself, remember?”
“True,” he said, “But it’s still dangerous out here. You should probably head home before you’re missed.”
Lyeecia knew it was true. “All right. If you say so.” she sighed, and hurried back before anyone at the castle knew she had slipped out.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me