Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 10:12 PM
Default Would anyone be up for a voice over/artist-illustrator YouTube collaboration?
I'm just a lurker on this part of the forum. I am not an artist myself. But I've always had fun seeing what others post back here. I am thinking of starting a project for YouTube. I'd edit public domain* versions of fairy tales and narrate them. I have found lots of good public domain art, but I think collaborating with an artist would be fun. I'd likely let you draw whatever you wanted, so long as there is a public domain version of the fairy tale you'd want to work on. There'd be no pay, but you'd get your full credit mentioned in the video, with links to your webpage or email optional. If this sounds like something interesting to you, please PM me.

*In case you're unfamiliar with public domain, it is basically very old published material that the copyright has expired, or never was under copyright law in the first place. I will only be working with material that is not under copyright protection. I have a large collection of fairy tale books I've been collecting for over 20 years. I also use Project Gutenberg quite a bit. Most of the stories I'll use will be adaptations of Andrew Lang's "Color" Fairy Tales series. He has a version of almost every fairy tale ever collected, so there's likely no problem finding whichever one you'd like to draw.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I'm just a lurker on this part of the forum. I am not an artist myself. But I've always had fun seeing what others post back here. I am thinking of starting a project for YouTube. I'd edit public domain* versions of fairy tales and narrate them. I have found lots of good public domain art, but I think collaborating with an artist would be fun. I'd likely let you draw whatever you wanted, so long as there is a public domain version of the fairy tale you'd want to work on. There'd be no pay, but you'd get your full credit mentioned in the video, with links to your webpage or email optional. If this sounds like something interesting to you, please PM me.

*In case you're unfamiliar with public domain, it is basically very old published material that the copyright has expired, or never was under copyright law in the first place. I will only be working with material that is not under copyright protection. I have a large collection of fairy tale books I've been collecting for over 20 years. I also use Project Gutenberg quite a bit. Most of the stories I'll use will be adaptations of Andrew Lang's "Color" Fairy Tales series. He has a version of almost every fairy tale ever collected, so there's likely no problem finding whichever one you'd like to draw.

PM sent.

You can find me on the Sims 4 Gallery as DozerfleetProd. If you have XBox One or PS4, please test out my creations, and let me know if / how well they work on consoles.