Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2004 at 2:45 PM
Default vertical object placement
I was looking at some snapshots of Mortenimer's "creative cheating" house, and I noticed that some of the objects seemed to have been placed at different vertical heights than the default (paintings hanging lower on the wall, vase on a mantel instead of the floor, etc). Does anyone know exactly how to do that? I've tried the moveobjects on and boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false cheats but neither seems to affect vertical placement. Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 3:52 AM
I had some success using nearby places where the level is different. For example, build a wall on a flat piece of ground. Now, build a foundation right next to it. Turn on MoveObjects and turn off snap. Select (for example) a wall-mounted light. Without "placing it" just hover it over the foundation, then slide over to the next wall - it *should* stay at the same altitude. I made (non-functional) bunkbeds that way.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Nov 2004 at 12:57 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'll try that.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies