Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 10:21 PM
Default Anybody know anything about Milkshape
Now , I have just started using Milkshape and I was wondering how do you import a edited mesh file from Milkshape into the Sims 2 Body Shop.
I already know how to package the files in SimPE and I already know how to import the packaged file into Milkshape. The only part I have trouble with is whan I go to export it into the Sims 2 Body Shop. So can someone please help me. (and sorry if it is confusing)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 10:32 PM
confused, well I'm confusing all the time so I don't really have room to talk lol.

Anyways, I'm not good with technical issues but let's see....
Maybe you should follow one of the great tutorials on MTS2 for help, you could start from the begining or just go to the step you're on. Are you making a clothing/hair mesh or an object mesh? I'm sorry I can't be much help....
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 10:32 PM
Well.. you don't... exactly.

You need a plugin for Milkshape to export to OBJ format -I think it's lightwave, but I'm not positive on that.

Anways, then you use SimPE again to bring that OBJ file back into the PACKAGE file, which is what Body Shop uses. It hasn't a clue what to do with a mesh that's not in a package.

I'm only just figuring this stuff out myself, so hopefully this is some help. You might wanna look at this tutorial though:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...kshape+tutorial

What little I know I read in there

-Kitty