Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 7:08 PM
Downloaded Files WONT Turn into .Package Files????
I am trying to download new lots and houses to my sims 4. I did this no problem with sims 3 but for the life of me I cannot get sims 4 stuff to work.

I download the content from here, save it to my documents, then open the file in WinRAR. This is where I get lost, when I open the file in WinRAR about 7 files come up. 1 blueprint file, one trayitem file and the rest are BPI files. When I try to click on any of these files I get a pop up message saying "windows cannot open this file", " To open this file windows needs to know what program you want to use to open it with, windows can look it up online for you or you can pick from a list of programs already on your computer".
I started to think maybe when I opened the file, it already zipped it and the files I am left (the blueprint, trayitem and BPI files) with is the mod. So I copy and pasted those files into my mods folder. Nothing happens.

When I research online everyone says its so easy and everyones files are automatically .package files. I don't understand what is going on.
For the sims 3 content, I would download, unzip the file, the files icon would then turn into the sims logo, then I would add to the game and play no problem.
Can someone please help me out?? Thanks
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 7:15 PM
Those files go in the Tray folder, not the Mods folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Those files go in the Tray folder, not the Mods folder.

So they wont turn into package files? I put all the files into the tray folder, now what? I started up the game, my mod script is enabled. Will the house just be on the map? I see in sims 4, you cant just pick a house to place on the map, like in sims3. Is their some kind of folder it goes into or..? I didn't see it on any of the worlds when I started the game up
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 8:31 PM
No, they won't turn in to package files. You won't see downloaded lots in/on the world- you need to open the gallery and it will be in the lots part of the gallery. The only thing I don't remember off the top of my head at the moment (I've only downloaded 1 house) is WHERE in the lots. But it (or they if you downloaded more than 1) should be in there. You pick it and place it on an empty lot in the world.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
No, they won't turn in to package files. You won't see downloaded lots in/on the world- you need to open the gallery and it will be in the lots part of the gallery. The only thing I don't remember off the top of my head at the moment (I've only downloaded 1 house) is WHERE in the lots. But it (or they if you downloaded more than 1) should be in there. You pick it and place it on an empty lot in the world.

Thank you, ill have a look there. Thanks for the info, I could not find that anywhere on the internet. I just downloaded a game mod and that turned into a package file, as it was suppose to, so my computer is working properly
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 9:01 PM
Still isn't there. But my mod worked, so that's cool. Their are some houses on the game that people have added to the library that you can use and place onto the neighbourhood map, that seems to be a lot easier then trying to get these downloaded ones to work