Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 3:49 AM
Default The Discussion About Homosexuality (that drove the Vent thread to shambles)
So we got onto this topic in the Vent thread - probably my fault, for yelling about homophobes in reply to a post - but people were making good - and bad points - and I figured I might as well continue it here in case anyone wants to put their opinion in, AND be on-topic.

MOST RECENT POST FROM THREAD INVOLVING THIS TOPIC:
Quote: Originally posted by GigaRevival
"Homophobia is a term used to refer to a range of negative attitudes and feelings towards lesbian, gay and in some cases bisexual, transgender people and behavior, although these are usually covered under other terms such as biphobia and transphobia. Definitions refer to irrational fear, with the implication of antipathy, contempt, prejudice, and aversion."
--Just pointing out that the definition has indeed been broadened to cover more than just the fear of gays, although that is still covered (of course).

As a bisexual female myself I do take offense with your opinion; but I do believe you are entitled to it.

And although I'm being a bit of a hypocrite by further derailing, I think it would be best if we stuck to what this thread is actually for. Please take the homosexual discussion to the appropriate threads.
Because I am too lazy to post everything that happened (also I don't know how to quote within a quote, I'm sure you just add numerous quotes or something, in that case, refer to my first excuse) you would have to go back to the page, here.

I'm not sure if this is really going to be "posted on" (I can't think of any other word right now) but I figured I might as well post a thread for this so if anyone has any more arguments they can continue them here.
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 5:30 AM
Me, I would still want to know why people consider homosexual relationships disgusting. I fail to see how homosexual feelings are different from heterosexual ones. I need an explanation.
Theorist
#3 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 5:45 AM
Most people tend to ostracize others who they consider "different". The common norm is to have sexual desires for opposite sex, thus homosexual feelings are considered weird or disgusting.
I'm not interested in sexual relationships, though, whether homosexual or heterosexual, so I probably can't explain much.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 5:49 AM
Hmmm, this is a topic which is really "done to death" on most forums, and I don't know if we really need to rehash most of it over again. It seems that there was a post regarding feeling disgust at homosexuality and that is causing a lot of this outrage. I think that person is entitled to their opinion - and others are entitled to disagree with it. I don't think that the "disgusted" poster needs to come here and defend the post - it WAS in the VENT thread, not in a debate thread.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Inventor
#5 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 6:05 AM
I agree with lee; I think we have had a couple of threads pop up over the months concerning the same issue (I distinctly remember taking part in one that quickly went to hell and back).

My quoted post pretty much sums up my opinion of the matter as well. I may not agree with what was said, but I won't deny them their opinion. *shrug* I sincerely hope this thread doesn't devolve into a further attack on [insert name here because I'm far too lazy to look at the locked vent thread again]. That would not be cool, says me.

"Goonies never say die."
Locked thread | Locked by: leesester Reason: Not required. Let it rest.