Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 7:14 PM
Default Slow site for a few days
Hi All,

It appears one of the main www servers (hideki) had a drive failure today and is thus non-operational.

I have requested a new drive to be put in the machine and it be reloaded. No data will be lost, since it's just a www server anyway.

However, any links directly to hideki.modthesims2.com will not work. I have removed hideki from the main www and forums pools, but it may take up to 24 hours for the DNS to fully propogate. So you might see blank pages / server timeouts / site cannot be found issues for a few days.

This will mean that the existing www servers will be overloaded, and thus a lot slower than usual. Please be patient

I will update this thread with more information when I get it - usually the hosting company are fairly quick with building machines, so hopefully everything will be sorted out by the end of the week.

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
43 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 8:19 PM
Now that explains a few things. I'll stop trying to fix my pc then.
LOL

Please dont upload my creations to paysites.
But please feel free to use
ANY other way you like

Instructor
#3 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 8:28 PM
Good to know. I was wondering why things were a bit slow.

desperation makes you look like a tool

Exclusive downloads available only at Phasmatic Sims!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 9:30 PM
lol, and I thought it was that my parent's internet connection was suckier than what my college budget could pay for!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 9:30 PM
Thanks, Delphy.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 10:20 PM
Thanks for letting us know, I think I shall actually play Sims instead of downloading stuff for them!!

Aimsxxx
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 10:39 PM
Thank you for letting us know Delphy.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 12:07 AM
Thanks for all your hard work - even in your retirement.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 1:16 AM
hey, so the project proposal forum is back up? I haven't had time to check, but I'll do that now.

The Sim Supply!

Call me PD :)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 5:22 AM
Thanks for the heads up.....

"The only thing too fear is fear it's self."- FDR
"As you slide down the bannister of life,consider me a splinter."~Jason Crawford
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 7:49 AM
Thanks for the info!
Alchemist
#12 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 8:36 AM
RETROTROUT
#13 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 9:03 AM
Thanks for the info. I thought my pc was broken :P
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#14 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 11:47 AM
pokedude9777 - This has nothing to do with Project Proposals. See here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=278804

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 12:08 PM
Guess this means I'll actually have time to play the game...
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 11:42 PM
At first, I was having MAJOR withdrawals because I click around on MTS2 EVERY time I pass my computer. Then, I decided to go do something "purely" physical (like jog up and down the stadium styled steps at the local clinic). Trying to decide (as I rub my aching back) if this is a blessing in disguise from time to time!

I figured as much because every other site works. Good to know this though! Thanks for the info.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#17 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 1:00 AM
Thank you for the info, Delphi
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 1:23 AM
Hum... I thought Chii was the persocom and Hideki was a human... lol lol lol... he must be ill... lol lol
Thanks so much for your help, Delphi!!! It`s quite nice to know we are still able to find you here eventually.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 1:24 AM
Thanks for the info, but this site is usually slow for me anyway, so it won't matter :P
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 2:02 AM
Thanks for letting us know!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 4:34 AM
I wondered why the site kept timing out. I thought maybe we were getting extra traffic somehow. Thanks for letting us know.

“Meddle not in the affairs of the dragon; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.”
-unknown
Theorist
#22 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 10:25 AM
Thank God I haven't called my ISP and complained to them LOL
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 3:16 PM
Okay Hideki is now back online - hopefully it'll have minimal teething issues.

I've re-inserted it back into the pool, but it may take up to 24 hours for it to propogate fully.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#24 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 10:06 PM
Its running too fast!

Need a special mesh for your project? I will, from time to time, make meshes and license them to others for their sole use and distribution. Contact me with what you are looking for and I might be able to help you.
Test Subject
#25 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 10:18 PM
That explains why it's slow for me... Thank you for your hard work!
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: All done now :)
Page 1 of 2