Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 8:28 PM
No updates on Mods
Since I got Sims Univerisity yesterday, on the Download Page all my mods for Sims4 say I haven't downloaded the most recent update. I have just downloaded and installed one again and the mod didn't indicate that I had. My game is playing fine, although I have a last exception error, it doesn't seem to be affecting my play at the moment. I updated my time and date (which took forever to figure out, I must be old ). Any way I can deal with it for now, but if there are going there update with University it will be hard to tell as I at the moment everything says the same thing. Any help, when someone has a chance? As I said I can play my game so this is not an urgent issue, but I would like it solved.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 17th Nov 2019 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inimei_dorcha
Since I got Sims Univerisity yesterday, on the Download Page all my mods for Sims4 say I haven't downloaded the most recent update. I have just downloaded and installed one again and the mod didn't indicate that I had. My game is playing fine, although I have a last exception error, it doesn't seem to be affecting my play at the moment. I updated my time and date (which took forever to figure out, I must be old ). Any way I can deal with it for now, but if there are going there update with University it will be hard to tell as I at the moment everything says the same thing. Any help, when someone has a chance? As I said I can play my game so this is not an urgent issue, but I would like it solved.

This is the wrong place to post. It's the creators responsibility. You have to post on the individual mod for updates.
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Nov 2019 at 2:00 PM
I have the same problem as inimei_dorcha in that under "My Links - My Downloads" on Sims 4 everything that I have ever downloaded from Mod the Sims for Sims 4 is shown as not having an update! The problem just seems to be with my Sims 4 downloads (Sims 2 and 3 "My Links/Downloads" appears to be functioning correctly and updates are shown), but something seems to have gone sadly amiss with my Sims 4 downloads. I do not intend purchasing University, but had hoped to update my Mods/CC before I update my game to Patch 1.58.63.10. Surely I am not expected to click on every single download (some 330+ items) to see whether or not it has been updated for the new Patch? Incidentally I have just re-downloaded some updates via Deaderpool's Discord that you display as not having an update, despite having earlier downloaded them from you - and which you now display as not having an update. It would be MUCH appreciated if you could look into this, as something is very obviously wrong with your Links/Downloads page(s).
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 17th Nov 2019 at 2:41 PM
I think you may be misunderstanding the update column. If the upload on MTS updated after you downloaded, then this column will be set to Yes.

This isn't based on EA's patches or updates on other sites, but whether the creator of the mod on MTS has updated the file since you downloaded it.

Deaderpool's updates on Discord have nothing to do with that flag. It's not even on this site.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Nov 2019 at 2:46 PM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 17th Nov 2019 at 3:27 PM.
When it comes to Deaderpool, the 1 download I see on his profile is considered unsupported here now. He doesn't log in here anymore which would make it a bit hard to post any updates at all....

The rest? If you see an " Attention! This creator has not logged into.... " banner on a download? Don't expect any updates.

Edit to add: the game was just updated/patched. It takes time for creators to update.. the game updating doesn't update your downloads!
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#6 Old 17th Nov 2019 at 10:04 PM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I think you may be misunderstanding the update column. If the upload on MTS updated after you downloaded, then this column will be set to Yes.

I'm seeing the same, when you go the MTS Download's page, It correctly reports the last update and when you downloaded it, but instead of showing the green icon and YES, it is red and says NO. That is a website issue, not a creator one.

Screenshot
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#8 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 3:19 PM
If there is an update and you downloaded it then it's going to say No.. because you already downloaded it again.

Sorry if that's not the issue here. I can't see your screenshot because the device I'm on tells me to download the Mega app to see it. And that's not happening.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#9 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 7:45 PM
@quercus @crysonna Because as it sits now, what you say is happening sounds normal. And mine appears to be correct. The Has Update column will only be set to yes if the creator has updated since you have downloaded.

Please attach an image of what you are seeing by using the Go Advanced button for a reply, or use a service such as imgur or postimg. Because like mlc, I'm not downloading an app or image just to see it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 1:21 PM
Same problem here on TS2 downloads, from at least Sunday night.
@mustlovecatz @HugeLunatic You can see the bug on my screenshoot...at first I thought it was a cache problem but it's still there after I cleaned...

I have a ton of downloads and the culprit icons are all red even when it says clearly I downloaded the files after they were updated...
Screenshots
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#11 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 3:17 PM
Ecca, I think what your screenshot is showing is correct - you have downloaded the latest version of the Mods and so the answer to Has update? is No, as the Mods don't have an updated version that you need to download.

If the mod does have an update that you haven't downloaded then the Has Update column will be saying Yes, as the mod has an update since the version you downloaded.

Hope this helps
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
Ecca, I think what your screenshot is showing is correct - you have downloaded the latest version of the Mods and so the answer to Has update? is No, as the Mods don't have an updated version that you need to download.

If the mod does have an update that you haven't downloaded then the Has Update column will be saying Yes, as the mod has an update since the version you downloaded.

Hope this helps

I understand your reasoning but before Sunday the column showed exactly the opposite thing: have update? Green yes (aka don't worry you're up to date with the files!)

I think this new design (if it is a design) is pretty confusing for I am a little visual impaired and when I see red dots I usually tend to focus on them instead, that's why I noted the difference and took it as an anomaly (sorry about it).
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#13 Old 19th Nov 2019 at 5:10 PM
I'm not sure why it would say yes before - perhaps that was a bug - but I think the way it is now is correct :
If there's an update it will say yes, and if there isn't an update it will say no.

I can understand why the red icon is confusing as red usually is used to get your attention, as if there is something that needs to be checked. Maybe there is a better way to display and label the column.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#14 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 12:50 AM
Green means "Go" so Yes being green makes sense to me. I look at it as "Hey, there's an update you need to download so.. whatcha waiting for? GO!".

Anyway. I had a couple of downloads that showed there was an update (TS2 but it still counts). I downloaded the updated files and the green Yes changed to a red No. So the system seems to be working as it's meant to: green, go get your update; red, you done already did it (or there is no update).