Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 11:56 PM
Default my attempt on custom roof
i've seen the pagoda tutorial and i'm wondering why haven't anyone use it to try making domes... anyway, here's my attempt on a dome:
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 12:04 AM
wow!!!!! :p
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 12:06 AM
My word, that's a very fine looking cathedral. Uh... if that's what you were going for. Otherwise, that's a very grand, and mansionesque, residence...

Kidding aside, for the latter points of that statement, a very fine job you've done, there... at least from my perspective. Are there domes on the four corners of the main structure as well, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

(By the by, noticed that's your first post there. Starting off with a bang, I see. Anyhow, welcome aboard.)

"You can start by bringing me the head of GOATMOR!"
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 12:08 AM
wow that is so beautiful! could you please send me a link to this tutorial you speak of. i want to make an oriental style home and am having trobles trying to get the roof to work.
thanks
bea
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 12:18 AM
That is beautiful! My lord, you really should post that in the DLs section! Very, very nice indeed. I would love to have it in my neighoburhood.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 12:26 AM
I'm speechless! Bravo!
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 12:28 AM
Oh my GAWD!!! This GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I thought about using the Pagoda method for other roofs but I'm still struggly with the original. *blush* I wish I had your talent. Will you be sharing that with us? I would love to download it!!!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 12:36 AM
Totally awesome! Very nice work and very pretty at night. Hope you plan on offering it for download along with a few more

Bravo!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 1:37 AM
WOOOW!!! will it be up for download??
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 1:40 AM
Stunning work! I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade or anything but, en7en has posted some pics of his lots containing domes in this very forum. The threads are a little dated, but they're still here! Just check the older pages. That being said, I really do think your lot is probably the best I've seen so far using the dome style roof.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 3:10 AM
someone has alot of free time.......that is brilliant!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 3:31 AM
that is something i wish i had
this weekend was so packed
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 3:58 AM
Crazy :/ I don't see you on AIM ..........:/ I have GAIM...which is basically the same...I think...

edit and according to my friend I should still be able to use GAIM (which is just liek AIM basically) with AOL users :/ weird
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 5:41 AM
Yeah, well, now that I've seen this, I'd rather everybody forgot about my domes. This is absolutely amazing. You absolutely nailed it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 10:11 PM
thanks for the complements

anyway, the way the original dome is a little too big for its base to look good. so i re-raised the dome one floor up and make the circumference 2 blocks smaller. and here's the result:

i don't know if i should bother to upload it, even though all the floors are functional, it's only good as a show piece as the game would lag very badly (it'd play normally until you display the 3rd floor and up) even without me having furnished it.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gonorio
i don't know if i should bother to upload it, even though all the floors are functional, it's only good as a show piece as the game would lag very badly (it'd play normally until you display the 3rd floor and up) even without me having furnished it.

It's beautifil! Go on and upload it. Even if it's mostly used for a showpiece it's great. Some of us might have the power to play it as well.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 11:07 PM
Its awesome PLZZZ upload it!!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Dec 2004 at 4:36 AM
Can you show us some pics of the inside please? I'm dying to know what it looks like inside!! *cough* so I can plan what to put in it when you upload the lot *cough* Please??... It looks like a royal palace! Very very beautiful!
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Dec 2004 at 4:45 AM
oh pleeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz upload it. Im diyin here!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 7:01 PM
i have posted it in the download section as a commerical lot today.

i left it unfurished because honestly, there isn't much community lot objects to use to begin with, so you guys have to help yourself with the interior.

when you go download it (that is when it becomes available), please leave a note on what function you will put it under on the download thread.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 2:19 AM
That is just beautiful! It took my breath away the moment I saw it!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 3:15 AM
Closing thread. Please do not Post in threads that havent been inactive for so long.
Locked thread