Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 12:07 AM
Default need help with new shoes mesh...
first of i wasnt quite sure if this is to go into the cas section or the modding section, cos techniquely its both..

anyway, im having a bit of trouble wih my new shoe mesh, for some reason it doesnt recognize some parts of the shoe... ill describe what i have done, firstly i exported the mesh from TS3 workshop, then imported/edited it in milkshape, i also edited the UV mapping so the new parts wont interfere with the skin, etc... then i exported it and imported it back again into the TS3 workshop... i also change the mask, specular, multiplier layers, etc. to work with the new mesh... and finally exported it as a .package file... so my question is why isnt the little balls showing up in the game? was there something else i needed to do?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 12:40 AM
Did the original shoe have any recolor options?
You edited the mask you say, you added a new recolor option for the balls?

If you add new parts you need to uvmap them on spots that either already are recolor enabled or you need to add a new pattern on the pattern tab.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 12:45 AM Last edited by LDesigns : 16th Dec 2009 at 1:06 AM.
yeah, the original shoe had 2 recolourable spots, i edited the UV map (in milkshape, once i finished the new mesh... well i uv mapped it first, cos i wanted the little balls, to be one the same uv map spot),then i edited the mask layer so that 3 things would be recolourable, and then also added/enabled a new pattern, so the third spot would be able to be in a colour/pattern.

If i cant make my t-shirt designs in real life... then ill make them in the virtual life!
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 1:31 AM
switch the parts on the uvmap and see if the balls show up.
If not its in your mesh, when they show its in your texture files.
You can switch the mesh with Postal, donno how it works with tsr workshop
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 7:26 AM
what do you mean?.. sorry i dont exactly get what your saying....

If i cant make my t-shirt designs in real life... then ill make them in the virtual life!