Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Better Ladders - Carry items & Climb faster

by Arckange Posted 16th Jul 2020 at 12:54 PM - Updated 26th Feb 2024 at 8:27 AM by Arckange : patch 1.104.58

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 6:27 PM
LOVE this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 8:23 PM
I have this mod but have not actually try to use it yet, but it is a good idea when building a house with a basement and the laundry room is downstairs and the ladder is the only way down.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arckange
Hi maria

Fair enough! As I've mentioned, I hesitated to do separate versions first but eventually decided that one version was just simpler, both for me and for people downloading this mod. After reading your message I changed my mind though. Even though you're the only one to have mentioned that you'd have preferred the normal version so far, I think it's safe to assume that you're probably not the only one.

So here you go: I've re-uploaded the original version. Now you're free to choose whether you want Sims to always slide down or not.

Thanks for your feedback!

Omg, i leave the website for a few months and come back to this? Holy shit, I feel important XD Thank you so very much, Arckange!
Test Subject
#29 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 10:07 AM
Hey, thank you for this mod, is very useful, but my sim always climb the ladder to eat in other place, can you help me?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mattswift
Hey, thank you for this mod, is very useful, but my sim always climb the ladder to eat in other place, can you help me?

Hi Matt, thanks for your feedback!

If there is a suitable place to eat near the other end of the ladder it's likely that your sim will consider it to be at a closer distance than your usual dining room table for instance, and go there instead. Do you think it might be the case? Or is your sim going on a journey, crossing half the house to reach that ladder instead of sitting at the closest table?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 11:00 PM
Thanks because my sims act stupid with a basement laundry room
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 5:54 AM
Can't live without it now!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 2:47 AM
this work with the wolves pack?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skyblush
this work with the wolves pack?

Hi skyblush,

Yes, I can confirm from my (limited) testing that it should still be perfectly compatible with the latest game pack. I'll update the main post accordingly.
Of course let me know if you notice any weirdness or anomalies.
Cheers
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 24th Mar 2023 at 5:52 PM
One of those mods I'm like "how did I live without this?"
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#36 Old 20th Nov 2023 at 12:19 PM
Still one of my favorite mods
Test Subject
#37 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 9:42 PM
For me, this is not to working as of today. Sims don't slide down ladders anymore. They go down normally.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 26th Feb 2024 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cadorno12
For me, this is not to working as of today. Sims don't slide down ladders anymore. They go down normally.

Hey cadorno!

I tested this mod in my game that's on the latest version (1.104.58, January 16th) and everything is working fine on my end.

If the mod is suddenly not working any more for you, I suspect that it's because it's conflicting with a similar mod you might have downloaded recently. Perhaps a mod that also affects ladders, or that affects how Sims carry objects, pets or babies? To check that that's indeed the case, you could try temporarily removing all your mods except this one and check if Sims can carry small items and slide down ladders on their own again.

Let me know if that's the case and if you end up finding the culprit.

Cheers
Page 2 of 2