Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2018 at 7:16 AM
Default Program to swap meshes?
Is there a program beside milkshape (I can't afford it) that I can use to swap meshes around so I can say clone a regular bookshelf and then switch its mesh with one that is currently decorative?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 30th May 2018 at 3:54 PM
if you can wrap your head around it, Blender is free and has good support for sims 3 with plugins.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th May 2018 at 9:38 PM Last edited by t888 : 31st May 2018 at 3:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
if you can wrap your head around it, Blender is free and has good support for sims 3 with plugins.

Does anyone know what version of Blender I need and where to find the plugins?
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#4 Old 31st May 2018 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by t888
Does anyone know what version of Blender I need and where to find the plugins?

I'm using blender 2.67 but that's just because I'm not 100% sure if other versions support sims 3 plugins.
There's a few plugins here, including something about swapping meshes http://modthesims.info/d/433882

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
I'm using blender 2.67 but that's just because I'm not 100% sure if other versions support sims 3 plugins.
There's a few plugins here, including something about swapping meshes http://modthesims.info/d/433882

Does that 2.7 plugin work on blender 2.67? And isn't there some issue about bones not importing or was it exporting and so it being static or something when you get it in game? I mean, not really important for things like tables but just want to know if I heard that right when it comes to things like clothes?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 8:37 AM
Does that 2.7 plugin work on blender 2.67? And isn't there some issue about bones not importing or was it exporting and so it being static or something when you get it in game? I mean, not really important for things like tables but just want to know if I heard that right when it comes to things like clothes?

2.7 was a new major version release after 2.6x, so plugins for 2.7 will not generally work on 2.6 or the other way around, same for 2.8 and 2.9. For things like clothes you can use blender 2.8x with my plugin .

*edit*
I just saw the linked plugin supports 2.63-2.7+, so it would most likely work with a 2.7x version, not sure if it will work on the later 2.7 versions like 2.79 though.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SmugTomato
2.7 was a new major version release after 2.6x, so plugins for 2.7 will not generally work on 2.6 or the other way around, same for 2.8 and 2.9. For things like clothes you can use blender 2.8x with my plugin .

*edit*
I just saw the linked plugin supports 2.63-2.7+, so it would most likely work with a 2.7x version, not sure if it will work on the later 2.7 versions like 2.79 though.

If I use your plugin does the mesh still have to be exported as a static object and reimport in milkshape or will it work proper?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#8 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 9:04 AM
If I use your plugin does the mesh still have to be exported as a static object and reimport in milkshape or will it work proper?
From my experience, nope! You import the GEOM, make your edits, export the GEOM over the geom file and just dump it back in the package file to override the original (unedited) Geom file
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 12:16 PM
Well, thats great to hear!