Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2019 at 2:45 AM
Default Polygon Counts for an object I didn't mesh
I'm trying to find the polygon count for some Wall Art I have changed the artwork on.
The tutorial I was shown tells me to use s3pe, but the version of S3PE that exists now is not the same and I can't follow these instructions.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...%20poly%20count

Open your object in S3PE Right click on the MLOD line
Select MLOD Preview to open the Model Viewer
The polygon count will be on the left side

There is no MLOD Priview on my version of S3PE I also cannot get the package file to open in TSRW or CTU so I'm really at a loss on how to find this poly count.
I'm lost and would appreciate any help you can provide.
Thanks

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 21st Oct 2019 at 9:52 AM
Hi there, if you click on the mlod you can actually find the poly count on the left.
You might need to scroll down a little, but there should be a few values including vertex count and primitive count. Vertex count is the number of vertices and primitive is the poly count. They are both in hexadecimal.

You also need to make sure it's for the right group, as if the mesh has 2 groups eg one with a drop shadow, it shows both. You can usually tell by how high the poly /vertex count is.

Hope this helps
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2019 at 4:27 PM
This is what it shows as the Vertex/Primitive counts, the higher set of numbers
I don't understand how that translates into polygon count.
It seems very low
VertexCount: 0x00000010
PrimitiveCount: 0x00000012

Its confusing because you didn't need to list this info for objects you only changed the picture for or recolored in the past and I have no meshing experience. Sorry

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Oct 2019 at 5:37 PM
Ugh, I decided to try and reinstall TSRW and I was able to get the package file to open.
Not sure why it became corrupted in the first place, but its working now so all good.
Thanks for the help though.

Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#5 Old 21st Oct 2019 at 11:16 PM
Just for future reference
Those values are in hexadecimal so if you convert them you get 16 for the vertex count and 18 for the primitive count.
Primitive count is the polygon (or faces) count, though I don't know why it's called primitive.

I saw from your upload that you found the counts, so just in case you didn't realise those numbers here are the same as the group 0 values (I think that's for the drop shadow). The vertex and face/polygon/primitive count for the painting itself (group 1) would be further down on the right side of the screen in S3PE (I said left side before but meant right woops). It has all the group 1 info underneath the group 0 info.
Usually the drop shadow is group 0 and the actual object is group 1 but not always.

Hope this explains it for you
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2019 at 2:25 AM
Definitely helpful. Thanks again.