Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 8:09 PM
Default Mesh of a Sim
I hope I'm not OT.

My purpose is to create a Sim, with a complete control of the shape of the Sim, particularly about the face shape. I looked inside the tutorials, but I haven't found a related tutorial. Is there a way to manage the mesh of a Sims, let's say, "vertex by vertex"?

I apologize, maybe this is a very noob-question .
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 2:14 AM
you might need to explain this one a little further, your question makes no sense, you do have complete control of the shape of a sim, in CAS.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 10:06 AM
Well, if you want to take a complete control(?) over a sim's face, I think the best way to achieve this is to make a custom facial slider for face, and a custom body slider. There is a tutorial somewhere here on the MTS.

Check out my blog ! You'll find items that I was too lazy to upload on the MTS XD.

Warning! This is not an English blog! However, the 'Sims3Downloads' section is written in English :D.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 10:16 AM
It might be technically possible to make a completely new face mesh, mapping, and textures, and then override every single slider in the game to match that new face mesh - and add additional sliders. But that would be a HUGE undertaking, and insanely difficult. I think sims_reality's suggestion of making custom face sliders is probably the way to go.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 10:49 AM
To explain better what I mean with "complete control of the shape of the Sim", I mean the control of the coordinates of the vertex, in a Cartesian space. In my student experience I used AutoCAD (an engineering program, used for designing buildings, machineries and so on), and this program works with Cartesian coordinates. So I want to draw a Sim, and the problem is that I don't know if the way to create a new Sim is similar to the use of AutoCAD.

I found this tutorials:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...3_CAS_Tutorials

and, particularly, I found this tutorial, which title is "Modifying a TS3 body mesh by WesHowe":

http://www.customsims3.com/smf/inde...pic,1348.0.html

but it seems that in this tutorial is explained how to modify the "Aviator Sunglasses", instead of the body of a Sim.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 3:45 PM
Well, it is possible to play around with the position of vertices. Thats what the facial sliders do. Basically, every single sim shares the exactly same 'face' mesh , but once the sliders are applied and the vertices are moved, they start to look different.

This is the tutorial I was talking about> http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=379878

Sorry if I'm not making much sense. English is not my native language.

P.S Body meshing is completely different from modifying a sim's face. It deals with the sims body shape/clothing, not faces/heads.

Check out my blog ! You'll find items that I was too lazy to upload on the MTS XD.

Warning! This is not an English blog! However, the 'Sims3Downloads' section is written in English :D.
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 4:14 PM
The way the meshes are build are identical as autocad 3d designes, so you can play with the coordinates.
Just one face mesh is used in the game and it can be changed in 3 ways
*by editing the original base mesh(GEOM)
*by editing its morphs(the morphs are duplicates from the basemesh but have a edited shape(coordinates have been moved)
The data of the morphs is stored in a sliderfile(Bgeo) and becomes active when a sim changes shape(when using the fit/fat/thin or pregnant sliders and i think the face sliders are also based on morphing, correct me when im wrong)
*By making new bonebased sliders
You can also edit the face by reposition/scaling/rotating the joints of the skeleton
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 11:05 AM
Thank you all!

Quote: Originally posted by sims_reality
Sorry if I'm not making much sense. English is not my native language.

Don't worry, your english is perfect. I would like to speak english as well as you!