Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1501 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 3:58 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 9th Nov 2020 at 1:21 AM.
Nice job, guys
I've been working on my 1920's hood...
I decided I needed to no-slope most of the basements (I can't stand the neighborhood distortion from dug-out basements.) *sigh*
...which means I have to revisit some of those roofs. *shudder*

So... instead of doing that ^ today. I built! .
I hope you don't mind providing the inspiration @TudorMan23 - but I thought that was a really pretty house!
I'm trying to keep it CC-Free. But, now I'm in a quandary about what to do for the basement? Should I try No-Sloping it, or just dig it out normally... It wants a walk-out basement, but I didn't build it on a hill. Now I'm stuck. *sigh* Maybe I'm just 'done' for the day?
Screenshots

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Advertisement
Theorist
#1502 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 9:33 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 21st Feb 2021 at 6:39 PM.
ReduxCozyKittenCondo-2+BR-NCC:
A rebuild of Maxis' 'Cozy Kitten Condo', from the Belladonna Cove neighborhood.
I added a second story with multiple rooms and tamed the out-of-control roof. It is now a two bedroom, with three full baths and a loft. An additional 4x4 spare room can be used as needed. The downstairs kitchen and dining area is large. I also added a driveway and backyard deck. Built from scratch on a new Lot of course, this is a pretty good house now, imo. No Custom Content.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#1503 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Nice job, guys
I've been working on my 1920's hood...
I decided I needed to no-slope most of the basements (I can't stand the neighborhood distortion from dug-out basements.) *sigh*
...which means I have to revisit some of those roofs. *shudder*

So... instead of doing that ^ today. I built! .
I hope you don't mind providing the inspiration @TudorMan23 - but I thought that was a really pretty house!
I'm trying to keep it CC-Free. But, now I'm in a quandary about what to do for the basement? Should I try No-Sloping it, or just dig it out normally... It wants a walk-out basement, but I didn't build it on a hill. Now I'm stuck. *sigh* Maybe I'm just 'done' for the day?

Awe youre very welcome!! and so far i like it

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#1504 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 5:46 PM
I know my Tudor castle is a little tooo big and expensive but still not one comment on it yet! I worked so hard on it too! I'm sad!

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1505 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
I know my Tudor castle is a little tooo big and expensive but still not one comment on it yet! I worked so hard on it too! I'm sad!

Did you upload it?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1506 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 12:55 AM
Did you upload it?

Its been up for almost a month now

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1507 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 2:00 AM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 17th Nov 2020 at 2:22 AM.
On here?
Oh! Wait! It's not TS2, is it? I have the other iterations turned off on my front page. Which one is it - 3 or 4?

NVM - I found it. I went to your profile. Very impressive builds in there. Wow!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1508 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 3:00 AM
On here?
Oh! Wait! It's not TS2, is it? I have the other iterations turned off on my front page. Which one is it - 3 or 4?

NVM - I found it. I went to your profile. Very impressive builds in there. Wow!

Hey Thanks

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1509 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 11:39 PM
Contemporary#03-5BR: A large house with large rooms throughout, including five bedrooms, a rumpus room and a huge living room. Fully furnished except for the basement.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#1510 Old 25th Nov 2020 at 4:56 AM
Default DiMedici Place
My latest one... gotta get pictures ready for uploading.
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1511 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 2:26 PM
Happy Thanksgiving all here from The United States

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#1512 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 2:29 PM
My latest one... gotta get pictures ready for uploading.

Beautifully done! Were you inspired by a floor plan you found?

C.T.HOLKO88
Mad Poster
#1513 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 4:39 PM
Beautifully done! Were you inspired by a floor plan you found?

Happy Thanksgiving back atcha!

And yes! From that site you pointed me towards a couple weeks ago... this is the DiMedici Place floor plan. It translated really well to TS2, I think .
I put a new one up on here yesterday - it's a real sleeper *sigh* I guess it doesn't have the greatest 'curb appeal' but it is a really cool design inside. I was able to make it with no CC (which is a huge accomplishment for me!) LOL!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1514 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 4:26 PM
Happy Thanksgiving back atcha!

And yes! From that site you pointed me towards a couple weeks ago... this is the DiMedici Place floor plan. It translated really well to TS2, I think .
I put a new one up on here yesterday - it's a real sleeper *sigh* I guess it doesn't have the greatest 'curb appeal' but it is a really cool design inside. I was able to make it with no CC (which is a huge accomplishment for me!) LOL!

Ah YEs Archivaldesigns.com correct?

would love to see the interior and floor plans

C.T.HOLKO88
dodgy builder
#1515 Old 29th Nov 2020 at 7:19 PM
I have been working on school projects mostly, but have a blog to fill with content, so here comes:

This is a winter mountain hotel/spa thing. The lot is only 20x20

I have downloaded some content and what do you think about the Venice windows?

I like looking at your creations. The difference between TS2, 3 and 4 when it comes to graphics, I like 4 more and more as a builder. I'm not sure about the gameplay though.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#1516 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 1:40 AM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 6th Dec 2020 at 8:11 PM.
I might finally get this posted (for upload) tomorrow??? ...but these are the main floorplan shots. I tried to be as close to the original design as possible .
Volvenom - your interior shots are gorgeous! And, I wish we had desolate/snowy landscapes like that in TS2!

ETA - It's up now YAY!
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
#1517 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 5:28 PM
I might finally get this posted (for upload) tomorrow??? ...but these are the main floorplan shots. I tried to be as close to the original design as possible .
Volvenom - your interior shots are gorgeous! And, I wish we had desolate/snowy landscapes like that in TS2!

ETA - It's up now YAY!

I have to say you inspire me.

All this time I was building houses from scratch that were trying to be clever with basements and split levelling, and I look back at some of them and just want to cry. Maybe I should start looking round online property sites to find some good floor plan ideas. I see you got yours for this house from a place called Archival Designs that seem to be good for American homes, but since I'm a British builder I was thinking of looking on sites like Rightmove for houses that include floor plans.
Mad Poster
#1518 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WatermelonSandal
I have to say you inspire me. ...I'm a British builder I was thinking of looking on sites like Rightmove for houses that include floor plans.

You could just google your zip/postal code and a local builder with floor/house plans... That might garner some interesting options?
I love building from floor plans - I feel like they "keep me honest" (Of course, many times I deviate far left from the plan) *sigh*
...And I enjoy exploring different architectural styles through making them conform to TS2.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#1519 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 12:11 AM
i love working from real floor plans. I try to keep to the original as much as possible but its hard to do so within the confines of TS3!

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1520 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 2:48 PM
i love working from real floor plans. I try to keep to the original as much as possible but its hard to do so within the confines of TS3!

The most frustrating thing about that is the fixed wall-length with it's fixed 45° angle.
Imagine being able to make a bay window just half a square deep, or even just a quarter.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1521 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
The most frustrating thing about that is the fixed wall-length with it's fixed 45° angle.
Imagine being able to make a bay window just half a square deep, or even just a quarter.

That's why God created CC bay windows!

and Vintage Stuffeths
dodgy builder
#1522 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 7:06 PM

Thank you

I really like the look of snow in Komorabi. It looks beautiful on top of that mountain, but the lot is hidden for everyone, no one comes there. That is really a killer to game play for me.

I don't really do floorplans, because I like the puzzles of making a floorplan work. I also get nice rooms to decorate that way. I am of course inspired by RL floorplans, but I don't typically stick to them.
Alchemist
#1523 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 9:44 PM
That's why God created CC bay windows!

Yes, but no. I'd like these possibilities in the main game, for 'custom' bay windows. But not CC windows knowwhaddimean? :p

#1524 Old 16th Dec 2020 at 1:15 AM
I miss the 2 storey Windows from TS2

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1525 Old 24th Dec 2020 at 2:09 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 24th Dec 2020 at 9:38 PM. Reason: Incredibly important CIA info
My pc somehow, somewhat works again. Just like the owner.
Anyway, started working on a cottage, in City Tara because the setting inspired me.
This is what I got so far, and if my inspiration and pc don't fail on me, I might get it done at some point.

Oh, Merry Christmas ya'll
Screenshots

Page 61 of 98