Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 12:24 PM
Default Assign GUIDs to new objects being unregistered in SimPe
Hello all !! I recently ventured into object creation after a lot of years trying to gather the time and will to do it and not giving up in the process... I succesfully created a new column for the game following the object creation tutorial in this forum, but when I reach the step of registering in SimPE to get my GUIDs, I get an error because the site is gone for good and I never registered when the site was up

I read somewhere here that if you are a small creator like me, you can just assign a random GUID because the chances of conflicting with another object's GUID in your game are really low. However, I was wondering if this is a correct procedure if I want to upload my creations here. Is there anyway to know if a GUID is already taken ??

Thanks beforehand ^^
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 1:53 PM
Here's pretty much the info you need to know: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=638392

There's no way to know if a GUID has been taken if someone uses a randomized one (unless you happen upon a GUID conflict), but if people "register" a block in the link above, at least you know not to use those.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 5:39 PM
Hello simmer22, thanks a lot for the info !! I think I undestood everything quite well ^^ I was just wondering if I could reserve a block on that GUID database, just in case ?? I'm still a complete noob but I don't discard completely the idea of creating more objects in the future... How can I reserve a block there ??

Thanks a lot
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 6:44 PM
Post a message there with the block you've selected, and I think HugeLunatic still updates the spreadsheet. If your post is then removed, it usually means the block has been added to the spreadsheet.