Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 9:39 AM
Default Page skips randomly
Whenever I open a page here, it always skips to another part of the page. So I often tap the wrong link (I'm on chrome on Android.) It also doesn't go to the bottom of the page when I tap "Last page" on a thread. But what's most annoying is that it also skips randomly while I'm reading, interrupting me, so I have to scroll down again. I think it's because of the ads, but it hasn't always been this way.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 1:15 PM
Hi there

You are correct in thinking it's the ads.  What happens is that the ads refresh, and during that refresh process, they clear the div (putting it back to 0 height), load a new ad, then put the div back to the correct height.  Sometimes when an ad *can't* load, the height stays at 0.  This causes the "skipping" that you see. 

Unfortunately the only way to really fix this is to set a fixed height on that div, but I'll look into if there are any other solutions.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Nov 2020 at 3:56 PM
I guess I'm going to have to fix it the only other way, because it is unbearable, lol.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors