Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2020 at 11:31 AM
Default Clean UI For SimsCS
I am in no way an expert at UI design, yet I love the Sims stories games, so I'm trying my hand at porting greatcheesecakepersona's Clean UI to first of all, The Sims Castaway Stories. I've put in 3 days exporting the .png files from ui.package manually (when there was likely a much better way) and a little bit troubleshooting other mishaps, and I have a barely coherent UI to show off. No files yet, I feel like having something decent produced first.

I wonder if the UI editor included in standard TS2 even exists with the TSS engine? You need testingcheats and allmenus to open it, neither of which exist in CS, for all I know.

Anyway, photos - everything overlaps and it's kinda ugh, the vines will have to go because of how Clean UI deals with icon backgrounds, and I'm not leaving floating vines wrapped around nonexistent icon backgrounds.

David, other than being in complete motive distress, now has a nice(?) clean(?) UI to wrap his head around now.

I do however think that if your plumbing is literally melting, call a plumber... on the shell, of course. Also, handle mirrors with care, please.

Create a Sim works surprisingly well, and shouldn't take much effort to get working fully.

I will have to make some icons and what not myself, and then get all the existing clean UI lined up with what CS expects. This will take a very long time yet, so stay tuned.
Screenshots

Hello? Nice to meet you. I'm a rather small Sims 2 modder that well, mods (And seems to post a lot on the forums with seemingly with a lot of posts. Or maybe just around 60 but who cares idk how to count well actually I do but that's a story for myself.)

Check out my creations Here!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 9:45 AM
I’d love for you to keep the vines though anyway! I think carrigon has an object which enables the allmenu cheat in castaway? But I’m not sure. I’ve re-uploaded mods from carrigon for castaway here. I’m not on my pc atm but I think there should be a file in there named something and then “allmenus”?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
I’d love for you to keep the vines though anyway! I think carrigon has an object which enables the allmenu cheat in castaway? But I’m not sure. I’ve re-uploaded mods from carrigon for castaway here. I’m not on my pc atm but I think there should be a file in there named something and then “allmenus”?

I'd love for the vines to stay as well but there is too much clipping, maybe I'll make something extra should you want them. There was a testingcheats mod included but no allmenus, thanks for that.

Hello? Nice to meet you. I'm a rather small Sims 2 modder that well, mods (And seems to post a lot on the forums with seemingly with a lot of posts. Or maybe just around 60 but who cares idk how to count well actually I do but that's a story for myself.)

Check out my creations Here!
Theorist
#4 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 3:26 PM Last edited by topp : 20th Oct 2020 at 3:41 PM.
This looks great so far!

I have made several mods a long time ago that de-clutter the UI:
The latter two would present a better, more flat design during loading screens. The flora one removes all flora from the user interface, except for the little bush of flowers that grows over the goal slot once you complete one during the story mode. If you'd like, you can include all these packages in your UI mod.

Testing cheats, unfortunately, are not present, and can only be reached through Carrigon's mod. Do mind that this mod is rather buggy, and you shouldn't be using it for everyday play. As far as I can see, the version shared by vegan_kaktus is the version of the mod I have modified, so also it alters the person pie menus to have the interactions arranged by social type (more Sims 3-like: friendly, romantic, mean...). There are many CC cheat objects that help bring back all the features of TCE to TSCS. You can refer to the link in my sig for more information.

The allmenus cheat, however, is present in the game. The activation procedure for the cheat is the same as the one for The Sims 2:
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Game_guide:Allmenus_cheat

I haven't tested if allmenus enable you to open UI editors, though.