Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 4:01 AM
Default Your house is on fire - what you do save before you run?
Volvenom's post made me wonder ...
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Thinking about it, in case of a fire I would probably run for my phone first, and then have to return to find my credit card.

Limit it to five things you'd grab before you exit the inferno ...

1 My son - if I can drag him away from Fallout 4
2 My dog - she'd be terrified
3 My wallet because ... Obvious
4 A certain Hugo Boss t shirt I can't be parted from because of who gave it to me.
5 My phone - even though I hate having to have a phone
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 5:11 AM
In case of fire-break the glass. In order of most valuable:

1. Other occupants - Friends, Relatives, Pets, etc.
2. Wallet - Obvious reason.
3. Cellular phone - One will need to call the FD, yes?
4. Pair of pants - Depending on clothing situation.
5. Ones Anubis & Ma'at collectibles, only if time permits.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#3 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 6:59 AM
My dogs. I have three. One is old and hardly moves because he's grumpy and doesn't give a shit (he's 14 so I don't blame him,) one is my baby but I'm afraid she'd run off if she wasn't on a leash, and the last one is the puppy who's a complete idiot. I'm not sure how I'd get them all out at once.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Instructor
#4 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 9:37 AM
argh I hate to think about situations like these. I would miss almost every single thing:D

1- as everyone I would try to save my family and pets. (But I have to admit that I probably would not try to save my fish...)
2 - photos and letters
3 - wallet
4 - my mum's wedding dress
5 - my drawings and set of color pencils:D

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 9:48 AM
1, Pets
2. Humans
3. Clothes so I'm not running around naked holding my pets and humans.

Nothing else really matters.

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.
Scholar
#6 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 10:29 AM
1. boyfriend and the cat
2. wallet
3. my poncho, because it might be cold outside
4. maybe my laptop if there's enough time
dodgy builder
#7 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 1:18 PM
Was it that special? I live alone so not much point in running for my family to rescue. I can't have dogs here, even though my nabour does ... lucky him. I have been told to not take anything in case of a fire, but I won't leave anything for burglars if it contains my hole identity, that is my phone and my handbag. I don't sleep naked either.

So not so strange at all I would say.

People where I live have the bank on their cell phone, so better not lose then.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 1:31 PM
- Laptop
- snail and fish (snail is in a carryable tank, fish will have to be put in a bag or something)
- phone to call 999
- I presume my fiancé can carry himself, but if he can't I guess I'll have to carry him and have him carry my laptop and the pets.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#9 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 4:14 PM
1. My wife, obviously.
2. Pants, if I'm awoken from sleep. I'd better throw some on, don't want to be outside in just underpants, that's embarrassing.
3. Phone. Got to call for help, of course.
4. Wallet. To pay for stuff, like food and hotel room that we'd need. Also don't want to have to get a new driver's license, social security card, or credit cards. I'm sure replacing those things is a headache.
5. My desktop computer if it's a slow fire. My portable backup drives if it's a fast fire. I spent hours per day making sims, CC, and mods for sims and other games, sure as hell not letting that go up in smoke. All my irreplaceable personal photos are on those drives too. If it's a slow enough fire, I'd grab my laptop and tablet as I head out the door as well. Need something to play with late at night in the hotel room.
6. At least one of the vehicles. I live in suburbia, can't go anywhere without a car and I haven't any friends to bum rides off of. Gotta get to a place to eat and to the hotel somehow.

Resident wet blanket.
Inventor
#10 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 5:18 PM
1) Dog
2) Phone
3) Clothes
4) Wallet
5) Important documents like my parents' birth certificates (they only have 1), our ss# cards, etc., but my mom will probably be racing for it first.
6) Laptop, if there's time
7) Old pictures

All my books and art will be burned, but those are easily replaceable. I have lots of coins stashed in places, but coins don't burn, do they? I have maybe $100 in coins so that could be used to replace stuff along with insurance. We also have a rent house right next door if worst come to worst, but someone lives there right now. Honestly, I think we'd be ok, unless my parents are hiding stacks of money in the walls lol.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 5:56 PM
Him Indoors (though he can probably look after himself)
This computer

Last year it would have included my dog but he's no longer with us

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 8:32 PM
Stuart: don't know which is funnier, bacon/sour cream, or your "comments" about wife and cat (& that they rank AFTER the bacon).
HarVee: and I almost sent you a pic of my cartouche and Maat.
As for me:
Old cat (easy, she sleeps with me)
From an alter in my room, a beautiful book. Everything else will have to forgive me, I can only carry so much!
2 hanging things on way out - a tin-type of my grandmother, and HER mother's framed wedding certificate (I have a "thing" for my female ancestors).
Purse - also on way out: it has everything I need; charge cards, keys, ID, cell phone
Everything else optional - including clothes (come on, yous guys are gonna stop for your PANTS and get your ass burned off?) and male person. OK maybe I would bang on his door on the way out. Every man for himself.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
come on, yous guys are gonna stop for your PANTS and get your ass burned off?

You can get more with a kind word and a pair of pants than you can with just a kind word.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 9:59 PM
1. Kid
2. Bunny
3. Purse (It's a Prepper's purse. Everything I could possibly need is already in it.)

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
#15 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 10:47 PM
Well, I save my game...and then I grab my phone and money and stuff and run
Scholar
#16 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 3:25 PM
1. All the important documents eg diplomas, ID etc.
2. Glasses (assuming I'm not already wearing them)
3. Shoes, cos I'm not going anywhere without my shoes on
4. Parentals and sibling (they should be able to get themselves out though)
5. "The awesome" photo album, and odd combo of me and the sibling, family, and the parentals before the sibling and I's existence.
6. Both external drives, cos back ups and stuff
7. All the games.
8. My oversized duffle to put all the above stuff in (minus the people)

Everything else is replaceable in some way, even if it holds sentimental value. Like my beautiful mirror. I'd be sad to see that go.
Scholar
#17 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 3:36 PM
Pets first, of course!

Then my bassoon, tenor saxophone, and oboe. Then the rest of the instruments. In the process of that I'd surely die, because there's so many of them. It'd be a valiant sacrifice in my eyes.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
dodgy builder
#18 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 4:17 PM
It looks like I need to consider putting my stationary on the "resque" list. I see lots of people feel the need to justify taking their phone with them. From what I have read so far, taking the comp with me is OK, but taking the phone have to be justified.
#19 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
It looks like I need to consider putting my stationary on the "resque" list. I see lots of people feel the need to justify taking their phone with them. From what I have read so far, taking the comp with me is OK, but taking the phone have to be justified.

The phone so You can call the fire department, the insurance adjuster, the hotel you'll be staying at and so on.
dodgy builder
#20 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
The phone so You can call the fire department, the insurance adjuster, the hotel you'll be staying at and so on.

nah ... I'm pretty sure most young ones where I live would need it to inform all their friends about the last development. Their old nabour would call the firedepartment 😉
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 8:12 PM
1. My air bed mattress (What? I'm poor! XD)
2. My tablet, because it's the only thing I have to work with.
3. My bf's laptop.
4. The cat.
5. Anything else I deem important at the time? Probably some sort of clothing.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 11:12 PM
It'd depend which house I was at... one of them actually doesn't have all that much in it with sentimental value, so I'd probably get my Jump Bag (emergency supplies from my car), my external hard drive (screw my computer-it's old enough, a fire is a perfect excuse for a new one!), the chess set my grandfather made, and maybe a few paintings. It'd depend on how severe the fire was... if I can save more, there's a few books, jewelry, etc. that I might go back for, but it's surprising how little there is that I'm all that attached to in that house...

The other one though, I'd probably burn up trying to save all the antiques and art and books in it!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 12:57 AM
Would I be too much of a smartass if I said the fire extinguisher?

Other than that:

Dad (if he's asleep or otherwise incapable of getting himself out)
Laptop/phone (they're usually connected and it would only take a second to get the phone while getting the laptop)
Backpack (which I would throw all other things into, except Dad, plus it has some important stuff in there)
Travel purse (which I mostly only use when travelling - it has toiletries in it)
Suitcase/laundry basket/whatever has the most clothes in it

There are probably a lot of other things that would only take a few moments to grab, too.

I don't have a lot that's too important. The laptop is the top priority because I use it to work, even if it's a piece of junk that will probably die in a couple of months. Phone is next because I also use it to keep updated on work. Anything other than that is making sure that I can be at least a little comfortable afterwards.

My MTS writing group, The Story Board
Mad Poster
#24 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 2:38 AM
I was in a fire-and the only things that I really wanted to save were: myself, my husband, our wallets, cellphones and shoes-coats too.

Thankfully it was a very small fire, and I was able to move back in a few days later.

Words of wisdom: have a fire extinguisher handy. One in the living room, one in the kitchen. Learn how to use it and know what to do when you need to use it.

PASS is the way you use it: Pull the pin, Aim the hose at the bottom of the fire,Squeeze the trigger and Sweep the hose all over the fire. Empty it, and then let the professionals do their job-if it's too much, just run.

Funnily enough, I learned how to use one through work-we're required to know how to use one. Mandatory. I'm glad I get that lesson every year.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#25 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 3:01 AM
1.) My emergency pack (contains a change of clothes and various medical devices and OTC medicines)
2.) Wallet and phone combo
3.) Prescription meds
4.) My Pikachu plushie
5.) My Cats (Gemini sleeps by my side and Sock hides in my bathroom cabinet in crisis)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Locked thread | Locked by: Don Babilon Reason: No flaming, no mudtracking!
Page 1 of 2