Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 6:32 PM
Default Should I be able to get away with these specs for TS3?
Hey guys. I'm new to playing the Sims on PC.I usually only played the console version but with EA giving away TS2 for free I went ahead and checked it out and I'm hooked.lol With these specs I've been able to run TS2 Ultimate with no problems and now I'm interested in purchasing TS3 which I already thought was a lot of fun on 360.

Only problem is my CPU Speed failed the Can You Run It test. I'm still tempted to give it a shot but I wanna know my chances before I throw my money at it. Here are the results:

Minimum: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista/7) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]
You Have: AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
CPU Click here for the latest CPU drivers.

AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
6th percentile
CPU Speed CPU SPEED
Minimum: (XP) 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; (Vista/7) 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]
You Have: 1.3 GHz
Upgrade Suggested
RAM RAM
Minimum: (XP) 1 GB RAM; (Vista/7) 1.5 GB RAM [If built-in graphics then add 0.5 GB additional RAM]
You Have: 1.7 GB

1.7 GB
4th percentile
OS OS
Minimum: Windows XP (Service Pack 2) or Windows Vista (Service Pack 1) or Windows 7
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Windows Click here for the latest Windows drivers.

Video Card VIDEO CARD
Minimum: 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 or above / ATI Radeon 9500 or above / Intel GMA 3-series or above)
You Have: AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics
Video Card Click here for the latest Video Card drivers.

AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics
48th percentile
Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Icon Video RAM 128 MB 941.4 MB
Icon Pixel Shader version 2.0 5.0
Free Disk Space FREE DISK SPACE
Minimum: 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games.
You Have: 210.7 GB
Free Disk Space Click here for the latest Free Disk Space drivers.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 5:18 PM
If I were to rate its chances to load Sims 3, let alone run without lag? I'd give it a rating in the negatives.

The CPU itself won't be able to support it, and add to that the < 2GB RAM, plus the integrated graphics? This laptop broke all 3 of the requirements trifecta of CPU+RAM+GPU. It is a no-go. I'm sorry.

Putting it in perspective http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+E-300+APU A supported CPU has an average CPU mark score of >= 3500
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:57 AM
Well guess I'm stuck with TS2 until I have money to spend on a new PC. I knew it. Thanks though.