Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 11:42 PM Last edited by Thranduil Oropherion : 4th Jul 2015 at 12:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
One of my problems is it doesn't necessarily take me very long to consider someone a friend. A few pleasant conversations online and I'll consider you a friend, even if I don't actually know who you are as a person

That was my problem.

Your stalker Bl00 used a similar tactic to mine insomuch as using hurting your family and loved ones emotionally to get at you - Yours threatened to make that website and 'that woman' intimidated my partner. What sort of mind even thinks about that? Deep down they *know* we're not into them, so perhaps they think emotional blackmail is the only way anyone could ever love them?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 12:03 AM
... He also asked me to go over to Texas to ...
I want to say something to this, but I can't think of exactly what.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
I want to say something to this, but I can't think of exactly what.

When I read that, Noubie, I was internally screaming 'don't go!' ...had mental images of a freezer in a condo in Boca with unpleasant contents ....
#29 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 12:57 AM
I probably give out more information than I need to give...I'm not sure if there's a stalker or what after me. My dad said never to use my real name online, so I used a nickname for my deviantART profile that's obviously short for my real first name...but it's not really my name, right? It could be short for...something else...I guess...
Instructor
#30 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 3:18 AM
Psshhhh jeez, some of these stories are seriously scary D: Never happened to me, I can't even attract a stalker in the first place, lol. The last time I had a real online friend was about age 11. I'm 18. There was a girl I started talking to a year or so ago before I deleted my DA account, but she only replies to the messages I leave her about once every month. I don't think she's too into me.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
When I read that, Noubie, I was internally screaming 'don't go!' ...had mental images of a freezer in a condo in Boca with unpleasant contents ....

Yeah, as dumb as I was back then, even I knew that your mental images were likely to have become a horrible reality had I accepted his absolute batshit "proposal", holy fuck.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 8:30 AM
Yeah, as dumb as I was back then, even I knew that your mental images were likely to have become a horrible reality had I accepted his absolute batshit "proposal", holy fuck.

Hey, at least yours wanted to marry you - I think mine was just after my body ...
Mad Poster
#33 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 12:26 PM
Call me strange my elven friend, but I'm not very comforted by that thought.
Banned
#34 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 4:33 PM
I'm trying to prevent it, but my poor choice in naming my DeviantArt account is not going to go down well.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 5:06 PM
It's scary how easy it is to find addresses online if you know someones full name. Yesterday my friend said "You don't know where I live!" so I googled his name and being that he's over 18 and lives in the UK - his address comes up. Luckily to read it, you have to subscribe to the website for £29.99 (a month?), but it does show who else lives in the house with you.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
#36 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 6:15 PM
Cats.

*starts rambling about my cats*

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Mad Poster
#37 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
It's scary how easy it is to find addresses online if you know someones full name. Yesterday my friend said "You don't know where I live!" so I googled his name and being that he's over 18 and lives in the UK - his address comes up. Luckily to read it, you have to subscribe to the website for £29.99 (a month?), but it does show who else lives in the house with you.

...Fuck me solid, without registering with a website that claimed to have my address, I can view part of my own postcode, the county I live in and which town in said county. And like you said, it also lists my housemate.

Fuck that website.

Quote: Originally posted by Graveyard Snowflake
*starts rambling about my cats*

#38 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12

It's even scarier when that person's name isn't very common.
#39 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 10:01 PM
Well, there are quite a few variations to my real name. I'll be damned if someone spells it right on the first try.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Scholar
#40 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 11:47 PM Last edited by IAmDeath : 6th Jul 2015 at 6:09 AM.
Strap in for a roller coaster ride, guys. I personally wasn't stalked (that I know of) but some very close friends of mine were.

A few years back I was a member of a web comic site. It was pretty small at the time compared to other so I warmed up to everyone pretty quickly. There was a group of us who were super close and because I was home schooled though 6th grade until the end of high school, I considered these people the internet equivalent of my high school friends. We had a lot of inside jokes and secretly made fun of less liked members and their comics behind their back (shitty, I know, but I was 16 and stupid.)

One day a Johnny Quest fan comic pops up. I never really liked Johnny Quest so I paid no attention to it until one day one of my friends from my group calls me on Skype and tells me to check it out. Holy fucking shit this comic was creepy. It was about an invisible character who got his powers by having little boys sit on his bare chest. I couldn't read it all because of the creep factor so I don't know the whole plot. Here's the ED page for it. None of the pictures are showing up (thank god.)

We tore this guy a new one. We called him Hardon behind his back because I could never remember his screen name. We all contributed to the ED page that I linked above which is dramatically different from what we wrote before. He ended up finding out that what we were doing but put the blame entirely on two friends in particular, two guys who were extremely trollish.

He ended up getting even creepier at this point. He started stalking the friend who originally told me to look at the comic and tried to get a bunch of info about him. The thing is, it backfired hilariously. He somehow got it in his head the my friend wasn't who he said he was and that he was actually an autistic 40 year old man living in a basement who kept a young boy chained up as a sex salve. The friend was actually a sarcastic 14 year old boy who hated almost everyone.

When he started stalking the other guy, the creep factor hit the roof. This time he really did find the other friend's info and found out that this friend contributed to the ED page more than anyone else. Angered by this, Hardon put the other friend's personal info on the ED page in big, bold letters for the entire internet to see. The other friend was livid and scared.

I stopped paying attention to Hardon shortly after that. I didn't want him to come after me. Not because I was afraid he'd hurt me or he'd send someone to hurt me, but because my step dad was alive back then and was a huge gun enthusiast and I didn't want him to go to prison for shooting someone, even if it's self defense.

Now, before I read the creepy comic, I had talked to Hardon a few times. He seemed nice but a bit weird, maybe even autistic. I regret doing that. After all the drama started, Hardon decided that I was his one woman allied force because he started sending me emails about it all. These emails were mostly forwards of things he sent to other people or posted on the forums. This pissed me off but I stayed silent.

One day, two users (a married couple who made a super popular comic) confronted him on his bullshit. He had been posting shit about my friends on the forums constantly and they'd had enough of it, especially since some of my friends were underage. Bad move. My friends were still targets but Hardon ended up targeting this couple. He found their real personal info and worse found out about their son. He started taunting them and threatening their son (a little child.)

That was the last damn straw. He sent me email after email about these two. The last email he sent me was a mix of things copied from the forums and his own unintelligible rantings, including threats of physical harm against their son. I lost it. The moment someone threatens harm against a little child is when the claws come out.

I sent Hardon a very nasty email telling him to fuck off in different ways. I held back from what I really wanted to say (the original email I had written called him a pedo, attacked him in the most brutal way, etc. but I didn't sent it,) but I think I got my point across. He ended up going away for good. No more emails, no more threats. I think the fact that he saw me as his only friend in this situation really fucked with him and the fact that I talked to him that way only made it worse.

I still have the emails and I'll admit I've never read all of them completely, so I might go through them again.

Edit: Holy fuck these emails are worse than I thought. One of them is just info on another member of the web comic site that I didn't know who was only about 16 at the time. Home address, phone number, even photos from the kid's high school basket ball team. I think he might have gotten his SSN. I don't want to read it again to find out. Guys, I think I really dodged a bullet with this one.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Forum Resident
#41 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 3:56 AM
I looked up my name. No home address, but oh dear, my academic details show up.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#42 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 9:59 AM
In that case Iamdeath, you should have taken that to the police.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#43 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 4:35 PM
I think the couple did but because this guy wasn't using his real name or anything the police said they couldn't do anything unless he tried something.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#44 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 5:53 PM
Which country are you in? Here, the police would go after him - threatening a child is not on.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#45 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 11:19 PM
I'm in the states but I don't believe the couple were. I'm not sure where they were from.

Page 2 of 2