Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 11:03 PM
Default How do I post in the Sims 2 modding discussion forum?
What are the requirements for posting in the Sims 2 modding section? I used to be able to post there with my old account but with my new one it says at the bottom it says that reply is disabled. This forum requires a minimum number of uploads before you can join in the discussion here and the post new thread button is missing. It left me kind of confused. What are the minimum number of uploads that I need to reach to post there and where do I go to upload and what kind of stuff would I need to upload in order to post there?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 10:46 AM
Hiya @Squidconqueror !

Yeah that is really odd! Especially since for ts3 and ts4's modding forums you just need to have 5 posts (So not uploads) before you can ask your questions. So I think the best thing to do here is to just turn that off for ts2 as well  

Hopefully we'll get to that today!

EDIT: Speaking of the new accounts, it's actually against the site rules to create new accounts. Now of course, it can happen that you lost access and therefore made a new one, though in that case merging the accounts would help. Problem however is, is that it seems the other 2 accounts linked to yours seem to have different email addresses and Date of births.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Hiya @Squidconqueror !

Yeah that is really odd! Especially since for ts3 and ts4's modding forums you just need to have 5 posts (So not uploads) before you can ask your questions. So I think the best thing to do here is to just turn that off for ts2 as well  

Hopefully we'll get to that today!

EDIT: Speaking of the new accounts, it's actually against the site rules to create new accounts. Now of course, it can happen that you lost access and therefore made a new one, though in that case merging the accounts would help. Problem however is, is that it seems the other 2 accounts linked to yours seem to have different email addresses and Date of births.

I hope that you're doing well and you're well safe away from the Corona virus. I actually had just intended to change my username but I didn't know how to do it at the time or if it was even possible when I made it a couple years ago so I had made a new one but I didn't know that it was against the rules. I'm really sorry about that. I just thought that Squidconqueror is a much better username than Gamesquid and it suited me better. I still have access to my old account but I don't use it anymore.
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
I actually had just intended to change my username but I didn't know how to do it at the time or if it was even possible when I made it a couple years ago so I had made a new one but I didn't know that it was against the rules. I'm really sorry about that. I just thought that Squidconqueror is a much better username than Gamesquid and it suited me better. I still have access to my old account but I don't use it anymore.
Makes sense! Just figured I'd let you know  In the future it's always good to check out this thread regarding name changes: http://www.modthesims.info/f/734/
If you want to merge them in the future then that's totally okay too! What that means is that all your posts from Gamesquid will now be owned by yours. Of course, we'd have to do some verification stuff but that's all up to you
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 7:03 PM
How would I go about doing that if i'm ever interested in merging it?
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 7:40 PM
I'll send you a PM right away so we can handle it in private