Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#201 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 9:26 PM
My 5th day at my new apartment and I managed to set the fire alarm off HEATING UP WATER!! Since we can't turn off the alarms I sat to wait for the fire department....

THAT isn't what ruined my day. What put a real damper on the whole experience was the blingbling of the wedding ring on the finger of that cute fireman.....

(PS - there was something on the coil/element which caused it to smoke.. what it was I dunno... might be a new coil though, it looks newer than the others, and had a coating that needs to burn off? Whichever. Sheesh. As soon as I saw smoke I turned on the fan and opened windows. I heard the smoke detectors here are sensitive but this was c-r-a-z-y!!)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#202 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 11:20 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 14th Feb 2021 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Clarity
Not being able to set aside time to draw or attempt to play a game that requires Flash. Personally, I am "head-on-a-pike" angry at whoever thought it was a good idea to discontinue it. Numerous sites based in the US and worldwide relied heavily upon Adobe Flash.

As for drawing, I have been meaning to use the workbooks I received in the mail. So far, I drew Winnie the Pooh smiling and Squidward Tentacles walking away angry as per usual.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#203 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
My 5th day at my new apartment and I managed to set the fire alarm off HEATING UP WATER!! Since we can't turn off the alarms I sat to wait for the fire department....

THAT isn't what ruined my day. What put a real damper on the whole experience was the blingbling of the wedding ring on the finger of that cute fireman.....

(PS - there was something on the coil/element which caused it to smoke.. what it was I dunno... might be a new coil though, it looks newer than the others, and had a coating that needs to burn off? Whichever. Sheesh. As soon as I saw smoke I turned on the fan and opened windows. I heard the smoke detectors here are sensitive but this was c-r-a-z-y!!)

Because we tend to cook at home, we tend to take caution. Remember, I have set two electric ranges on fire, but had learned in process how to operate a kitchen fire extinguisher.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Top Secret Researcher
#204 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 11:46 PM
I bought the wrong sized pickets for my fence! I wanted 6' boards, but grabbed 5' boards not seeing the difference other than the boards I grabbed cost half as much. When I go to nail them up, then I saw the difference. the top fence stringer was more than 5' up! I either had to move the top stinger I just put up down, or find some 6' pickets.
So I re-used some of the old fence pickets that came down in the storm, if they weren't too rotten.
I have three more panels to do, and I'm going to use the cheaper 5' pickets because half as much. Sure, they won't look as nice, but I don't care. Sorry about my neighbors sensibilities but I'm poor.

Sims are better than us.
Instructor
#205 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 8:07 PM Last edited by Dixieland : 13th Apr 2021 at 5:37 PM.
All this elite modding club bulls*** is getting to me! It's probably not exclusive to Skyrim modding, but damn if they don't like to have their little social cliques and petty partnerships! What is the deal!?

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Test Subject
#206 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 3:47 PM
everytime im constantly reminded of past mistakes i did even tho i try to accept i messed up and try to move on,
i seem still have trouble forgetting them and it ruins my day completely
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#207 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 9:09 PM
Taking a shower and pulling out about 5-10 strands of hair while washing my hair.

Now take into account your family (the one you predominantly take after, which in this case, is my father's) has a history of balding men and women's hair thinning and I was screaming on the inside.

Mad Poster
#208 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 7:28 PM
Probably lost about 100+ strands of hair in the shower just today (if I'd collected everything together it would've been enough to make a small model of Cousin Itt, save for the hat and glasses), but that's nothing new - been losing a lot of hair for a while now, but it got significantly worse when I started my meds. At least its not showing. Still, stupid meds... I think they're affecting my mood lately, too. I'm constantly pissed off or feeling sad at trifles, but not quite sure why. I'm tired, my brain feels a bit wooly. Probably just another side effect. I hate side effects...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#209 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 7:56 PM
Someone hijacked my debit card.

I got an email for a transaction I didn't authorized on Amazon. (Surprised me because I don't remember it) Luckily, the transaction was declined

Then came calling the bank to cancel my card, then they issued a new one that should arrive by next week at the latest and if it's not there by next Thursday, call back.

I had to alert my father that I won't be able to pay my rent, utilities, and bills until the new card arrives and is activated.

Worst part, since I have numerous accounts for numerous boutiques all over the Internet because they are exclusive to their sites, it means logging in to change the billing information.

ARGGH!

I play it safe online and in the real world with my card and yet I deal with someone who thinks sabotaging a future credit score is funny. His IQ must be lower than my supposed credit score, and it's probably -258 (Don't know the threshold of a credit score, never bothered asking.)

Banking sucks, especially when disputing transactions.

Scholar
#210 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 5:58 PM
94% humidity like wtf man that's not ok! It wasn't even hot out but like I couldn't even keep my window open for fresh air cos it was nasty outside
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#211 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 1:36 AM
Just when I thought getting my card hijacked wasn't enough...

A robocall scammer got past my security under the guise of one of my doctors (some places have two numbers), and told me...

1. I now have a criminal record.
2. Give me your Social Security Number and you're free to go.
3. Resistance will get you thrown in prison.

As menacing as the stilted humanoid voice was...

I reported this to the .gov for Social Security involving scams.

Mad Poster
#212 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 7:40 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Mar 2021 at 9:50 PM.
A whole lot of things at work.

And when I get home my laptop is endlessly slow - I suspect something's off after I did a backup last night. It's using 9 GB RAM and I find less than 1 GB of it on the system, wondering where the remaining 8 GB is being used (I haven't got a clue). - EDIT: Turned out this problem might have come from some stuck Windows updates or whatever it was. A forced update, restart and some tinkering later, and it's down again at 4-5 GB as per usual. Could still be a problem there, but at least it's less so).

And then I do a bit of digging, and suddenly notice something it's taken me THIS long to notice - the SSD is installed as the D: Drive and not the C: drive, which means Windows and all the programs are on the HDD. No wonder things are starting to run slow! Sheesh, whoever did that install sure did a muckup! What's the point of the SSD if it's not the main Windows drive? o.O

(it's a language issue - the full name for a SSD was almost identical to the name of a HDD in the defrag, plus I never noticed the mixup of the HDD/SDD in the task manager, which seem to be the only two places I could find any clear info without typing out the names of the discs, which I never thought to do because the laptop was supposed to come with a SSD as the main drive with Windows already installed)

So I'm quite annoyed, and rightly so.
Top Secret Researcher
#213 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 11:37 PM
I feel that society has changed in that if you don't hate the same things as others do, you're a social outcast. Come to think of it, it was the same way in the 1960s just that people hated different things and groups of people.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#214 Old 10th Mar 2021 at 5:01 PM
You mean things like pineapple on pizza and that kind of stuff?
If you like something, it's fine. If you dislike something, that's fine too.

(As long as your like or disliike doesn't end up hurting other people or groups of people, I mean. That's when things go wrong in society)
Top Secret Researcher
#215 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 7:33 PM
Today's complaint: Endless Bitching.

Today I'm complaining about endless complaining. What a time to be alive! First, the computer was used to pass ASCII images of playboy centerfolds that could be printed out on dot matrix ASCII printers. Now? We use the internet to complain about everything! Endless bitching about everything from Dr. Seuss to silly computer games. What a hardship we have! We bitch about everything on line and here I am bitching about bitching. It's the new fad! Oh, how horrible these times!
Really? You should take a trip to the past. People of the 1950s were stoics by today's standards.
And the very word! A female dog. It doesn't get more loyal, more friendly than a female dog. Forget to feed them, leave them out in the cold, yell at them for protecting the house and they still give you dog kisses and love! Why did the world for a female dog come to mean endless complaining?! How could this happen! A female dog is the exact opposite of this current fad.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#216 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 4:27 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 21st Mar 2021 at 6:28 PM.
Bedbugs. Or... one bedbug.
(No, you can not play on my computer. Go have a swim in the toilet instead!)
So tired of the isopods - they are everywhere!

Also, the left side of my headphones suddenly blew out in the middle of a Youtube video yesterday. I guess they've been through a lot, but it's not like something suddenly happened to the cord or plug or anything. One moment it worked, the other it didn't.

Good thing I had a new pair in reserve (mostly because the ear pieces on the old ones have seen so much use they looked like they'd been chewed-up - I've had them covered in plastic for a while so there won't be a trail of little black dots everywhere. I also have a bad habit of chewing on headphone cords, which I'm trying to stop because I've ruined so many headphones that way... I've been waiting for them to throw in the towel at some point, I guess now was the time). The new ones actually fit me better, so it's not too bad, I guess.
Instructor
#217 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 4:19 PM
It didn't ruin my day or anything, it just made me feel miffed.

Ever been told by some random internet denizens that you can't possibly have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder because you don't fit their idea of how the typical OCD-afflicted person behaves/thinks? I was diagnosed well over a decade ago, yet people still think I'm "trolling" them because the details I get fixated on are not the same things that they do. Just... What the heck? I don't make "help" posts on the internet just for the sake of "trolling" people.

Mad Poster
#218 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 8:16 PM
Another isopod in my bed. Those guys are so annoying!
At least they're slower than spiders...

Spiders - you see 'em, turn away for half a second to get something to grab 'em, and they're *poof* gone.

Isopods - you see 'em, turn away for up to fifteen seconds, they're still chugging along in roughly the same half meter or so from where you last saw them.
Mad Poster
#219 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 10:53 PM
I hate my NVQ I'm currently doing. As far as I'm concerned it's beneath me, but the government decided we all have to have one so I can continue doing the job I've been doing for 5 years. Literally I get 1 hour a day to myself and usually I like to do cardio during that. But. Nah. Gonna write a whole essay on how to wash my hands. Awesome.

Also they want me to show them proof of my GCSEs (high school education) or I'll have to redo them. I have a Masters degree. This is not adequate proof. This will further prolong my NVQ by several months.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#220 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 5:07 AM
I just now typed a whole thing ranting about a family member, but deleted it.

Even though we have nothing in common and I sometimes don't see the point of us being friends (we are too different), I know that we're not going to just stop being friends just because I'm upset right now. I guess it's for the best - I literally have no other friends. I could make some, but I'm very choosey, so I guess it's good I have someone like this family member, because goodness knows I don't feel a kindred connection with hardly ANYONE anymore, so I guess this one family member is all I got, even if she doesn't understand me (which makes no sense because I have opened up to her in the most vulnerable way between two friends, but whatever).

I miss some friends I've had in the past - even had a dream about one from TEN YEARS ago that tore me up so much I BAWLED the next morning (I still remember it, too). But that was ten years ago, which is ridiculous to be that upset by (over an imaginary figment of my imagination).

Normally, I'm very happy with my life (overall I am), but I will admit that, out of all the peers around me, I am VERY much the minority among them. And I admit - I don't fit in. At all. I'm fine with that, but it means I'm lonely in this regard as I have no one with who can truly understand certain things I am going through, but I guess that is life. Everyone's got something that they'll find it hard to relate to the majority on, I'm sure (at least, a lot of people). I miss having mutual friends with similarities.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#221 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Noa_4ever
I just now typed a whole thing ranting about a family member, but deleted it.

Even though we have nothing in common and I sometimes don't see the point of us being friends (we are too different), I know that we're not going to just stop being friends just because I'm upset right now. I guess it's for the best - I literally have no other friends. I could make some, but I'm very choosey, so I guess it's good I have someone like this family member, because goodness knows I don't feel a kindred connection with hardly ANYONE anymore, so I guess this one family member is all I got, even if she doesn't understand me (which makes no sense because I have opened up to her in the most vulnerable way between two friends, but whatever).

I miss some friends I've had in the past - even had a dream about one from TEN YEARS ago that tore me up so much I BAWLED the next morning (I still remember it, too). But that was ten years ago, which is ridiculous to be that upset by (over an imaginary figment of my imagination).

Normally, I'm very happy with my life (overall I am), but I will admit that, out of all the peers around me, I am VERY much the minority among them. And I admit - I don't fit in. At all. I'm fine with that, but it means I'm lonely in this regard as I have no one with who can truly understand certain things I am going through, but I guess that is life. Everyone's got something that they'll find it hard to relate to the majority on, I'm sure (at least, a lot of people). I miss having mutual friends with similarities.

I never really had true friends. If you want to try to look for any semblance of friendship when I was younger, you're likely to find a proverbial black hole where my heart was. And yes, it hums in the key of B flat

Instructor
#222 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 5:46 PM
Feel like I got stabbed in the back. I caught one of the people who originally encouraged me not to delete my mod and keep working on it actually bad mouthing my work to another mod author. If she has a complaint or a criticism, I am very open and happy to receive them--but not like this. This is low.

And to think I listed her at the top of my Thanks list!

Instructor
#223 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
If there are any praying type reading this post, please send good thoughts to the 4 baby bunnies...

I am and I will. I used to keep rabbits many years ago. They are some of the most sweetest creatures imaginable.

Top Secret Researcher
#224 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 3:21 AM
The person that said they would foster the baby bunnies has backed out. I spent my morning in a panic, on the phone trying find a foster human or humans; apparently there isn't any even though there is endless screeching online about how abandoned baby bunnies need to be in the care of a wildlife rehab person until they are old enough to be released.  I'm really, really not a fan of people today, especially the screeching, chest-thumping type.

I'm waiting on one more return phone call. If that doesn't work, then I guess I'll be wearing the baby bunny foster human hat as the other choice is to have them put down.  They're losing weight, when stimulated ( they need to be stimulated to go potty right now, much like a kitten or a puppy) they are not producing urine or stool...they're empty.  They need food, pronto.

I've read that the success rate of getting wild bunnies to the point of release, is low.  I'm going to do everything I can, call my vet if there are problems and do my best if they don't end up with somebody that is trained to do this.  If there are any praying type reading this post, please send good thoughts to the 4 baby bunnies...

Sending good throughs and virtual carrots your way. That's quite a job you are taking on.
Would the vet know of anyone? Or could the vet ask around with other vets? Good luck! To you and the bunnies.
Instructor
#225 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 3:02 PM Last edited by Dixieland : 14th Apr 2021 at 6:49 PM.
EDIT: I called the rehabber back.  I explained the weight loss along with the loss of body fat.  I also explained that my intentions are good, I'm not treating these bunnies as pets. I want them to grow up and be healthy wild rabbits.  This seems to have prompted action, so the bunnies should be in good hands at a wildlife rehab center by the end of the day.

I'll edit again, later.

Thanks for keeping us posted, GC.

What you said about them wanting to stay in a bunny bundle and their weight loss reminds me of something...

A few years back, I adopted two kittens. They were from a litter of nine, but only three survived. Their one brother was adopted instantly, and I can only assume that was because, outwardly, he was "perfect." You see, all three of them have herpes, but the brother and sister that I adopted were hit a bit harder. The boy is missing an eye, the girl is blind, and they both had what the vet called "failure to thrive". They were much smaller than they should have been for their age, and were incredibly skinny. They needed interaction and attention--they needed love.

So even if you end up being the one to care for these bunnies, do not be afraid to lavish attention on them. They are young enough that they can still turn into proper wild rabbits in the future, but they sound like they are at a critical point. Keep them warm, stroke their ears, and talk to them. Love can go a long way.

Page 9 of 31