Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2014 at 10:54 PM
Default Print screen not working
I am kind of new so I hope this is the right place to post this. I also searched the forum and Google, and on the sims page they have other people with this problem, but no solution yet except for using windowed mode which I don't like.

So when I am in CAS I want to be able to take a photo of the sims I create. I like the way it looks in CAS as opposed to using the in game camera. I tried using Ctrl+Print Screen and when I paste the photo into my image editing program, (I have tried both IrfanView and Paint), the image just comes out black. I have also tried changing it from a .png to a .jpeg/.jpg whichever one it is and it does not work.

The only way to make it work is to put it in windowed mode. In windowed mode, no matter which screen resolution I use (I like to use the highest one but have tried the highest 3 just for this purpose) my sims look wider and they lose some detail. I would really like to find out how I can take a screenshot in CAS without having to go into windowed mode.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 23rd May 2014 at 8:07 PM
This is due to the windows aero interface. Try right clicking the exe you use to start the game, select properties. On the compatibility tab try disabling Visual Themes and Desktop Compostition.