Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 11:47 PM
Anyone Know where I Can Buy an Inexpensive Computer that Will Work?
At the moment I have $700 to work with. The computer that I used to play the Sims on died and I need a new one to replace it. I'd like to be able to play Sims 2 & 3 on it and eventually 4 as well. Is there any chance of finding something like this for under $800? I don't mind the graphics not being 'PERFECT.' Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 3:07 AM
Would you be willing to assemble the computer yourself? What computer were you using before?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 1:49 PM
I don't know much about computers so I'm not sure if I could build one, I was using a Dell.
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 2:13 PM
Assembling it is quite somewhat easy. You just have to be willing to take the time to learn. Are any of the pieces from your old Dell salvageable? Was the Dell a desktop? Are you buying from the US? Do you already have a working computer screen?
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
Assembling it is quite somewhat easy. You just have to be willing to take the time to learn. Are any of the pieces from your old Dell salvageable? Was the Dell a desktop? Are you buying from the US? Do you already have a working computer screen?

I have about $1k to work with and plan to build, just unsure what to get to make the game run better than ok. Currently working with Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3GHz Desktop Processor and GeForce GTX 260 and it runs like garbage on low settings. It was so bad I just uninstalled everything and decided to wait until I was ready to rebuild. The computer we have now was originally built to run Crysis which it did beautifully but its just not enough anymore. Once you add EP'S and mods to your game it goes crazy in cpu needs.This is what I was thinking:
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/rudini/saved/3ZGr