Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2020 at 4:22 PM
Default How do I disable PMs when somebody mentions me?
I can already see the mentions via https://modthesims.info/mentions/, but it keeps sending me PMs and I don't have much room to spare in my PM box.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Can we please have the option of removing mentions back?  I have 3 of them, from 2 months ago.  It isn't a space issue; its a OCD problem.  I like having a clear / clean inbox.

Just need to open the notifications, all of them will disappear after that.

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Theorist
#3 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 1:27 AM
I guess I'm missing something or maybe it is a browser issue; I don't know.

I click the red button for PMs, that one disappears when I click on it.  The mentions or blue button takes me to mentions when I click on it, but they don't clear like they are supposed to.  I have one PM sitting in my inbox, I've deleted all the things that need to be deleted, gone through all of my settings... I'm at a loss.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 6:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I guess I'm missing something or maybe it is a browser issue; I don't know.

I click the red button for PMs, that one disappears when I click on it.  The mentions or blue button takes me to mentions when I click on it, but they don't clear like they are supposed to.  I have one PM sitting in my inbox, I've deleted all the things that need to be deleted, gone through all of my settings... I'm at a loss.

I think you have to click on each of the threads in your specific mention section in order for them to clear from your notifications. Hope this helps you.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 9:26 AM
Mentions are not the same as PMs.  Deleting a PM will not delete the mention notification, because the mention references the post directly.  The PM is giving you details *about* the post.

The simple solution is to just click on the mentions in the mention list.  Ultimately, I'll actually be removing the PM you get for a mention and have it only in the mentions list, which should make things a bit easier.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Theorist
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 2:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by fascisthater
I think you have to click on each of the threads in your specific mention section in order for them to clear from your notifications. Hope this helps you.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tashiketh
Mentions are not the same as PMs.  Deleting a PM will not delete the mention notification, because the mention references the post directly.  The PM is giving you details *about* the post.

The simple solution is to just click on the mentions in the mention list.  Ultimately, I'll actually be removing the PM you get for a mention and have it only in the mentions list, which should make things a bit easier.

Thanks to both of you. Clicking the threads cleared them out.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 11:59 PM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Jul 2021 at 1:20 AM
Any update on this? With the new mention feature it's weird we get PMs too. Annoying to have to go and remove alert in two places for the same thing. I like the mention section, it's nice I don't have to delete anything, but it becomes a bit obsolete with the PM still being sent out.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.